Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
MerakSpielman said:
:eek:
You mean his posts aren't REAL????
:eek:
Heh. Not all of them, probably - but many are...

(Note: I can't comment on any current ones as I haven't seen them yet.)

Ashtal

Vengeance Bunny
There is a difference between maliciousness and a harmless gag. We know Bug's are the latter, but you seem stuck that somehow they are the former.

But the bottom line is, is that they aren't going away, they aren't going to be stopped and we would appreciate it if people who do know they are pranks either play along and post something fun in keeping with the spoof subject, or ignore the threads entirely.

Furn, I'd suggest the latter for you.

Furn_Darkside

First Post
Ashtal said:
There is a difference between maliciousness and a harmless gag. We know Bug's are the latter, but you seem stuck that somehow they are the former.

You may think misleading people is funny. I think it is cruel.

You may think a little harmless hazing is good for the new users (or at least good for your amusement), but I think people do not liked being lied to- and will like it less when they find out the moderators support it.

Furn, I'd suggest the latter for you.

I have not made a comment in that thread- or read it for that matter. I did not start this thread.

However- if the moderators are not only going to condone such behavior but protect it as well, then perhaps it is time for me to rethink my being a part of this community.

FD

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Actually, Darkness, you've just voiced the best reason for us to reveal Bugaboo, but not a Bugaboo alias. :)

As you've noted, in many cases, the only thing that keeps someone from falling for it is the Bugaboo name. So, what's the point of using the Bugaboo name? Selectively taking advantage of newbies? Making it look like they're somehow dumb compared to the rest of us, when they aren't?

Yeah, that's nice. Real welcome you get there.

I don't mind the humorous trolls. I say we let Bugaboo post all the well-thought and funny trolls he wants. But make it so that even the older posters have a chance to fall into his web. Good healthy shot of humility is good for the soul, darn it. Even mine :)

That is, of course, unless Bugaboo is using the old name as a misdirection. The *real* troll is elsewhere. Nobody'd guess that he was doing two at once, right? :D

chatdemon

First Post
A rant, don't mind me

The more time goes on here, the more things I said in the past get proven right.

About a year ago I was the cause of a fairly ugly mess because I (rather rudely, and I've since apologized for that, but now I'm talking about the root of what I said, not the following debacle) made certain accusations, among which were:

Moderators Playing Favorites In Regard To The 'Old Gaurd'. Ya'll have come right out and admitted it here. Enough said.

People Being Asked To Donate Money Should Be Offered Something In Return At the time I said it, Morrus was well within his rights to respond 'I run the site, I make the decisions, I won't let those who donate get an unfair advantage over those who don't. You don't have to donate or even visit the site.' Basically Eric's old 'my house, my rules' approach. Not my style, but fair enough. Now what? Community Supporters with special privileges the rest of us don't have? By golly chatdemon, you were right!

Anyway, enough ranting. Bugaboo's trolling should be treated like anyone's trolling and put to a stop. Send him back over to nutkinland to play with the rest of the jokers.

Ashtal

Vengeance Bunny
I don't recall EVER seeing a Mod, before I was one, and after, ever not give Bugaboo special consideration. He's always been an exception, even back when Eric was running the site. Same goes with the Pantheon.

You don't have to like it, but there it is.

And now I'm closing the thread.

Dinkeldog

Sniper o' the Shrouds
Misconceptions on troll threads

There seems to be some misconception that no one besides Bugaboo is allowed to start troll threads, or that he gets special consideration on his threads. I don't believe either is true. I believe that the Bugaboo troll threads seem to have a longer lifetime because Bugaboo puts his threads on a gaming topic, and then tries to keep the ensuing chaos within the board's standards for taste and civility.

Just in case people were wondering, here's a partial list of current troll threads in the General forum, only:

What is Hackmaster?

Any 1st Edition players here?

Fire & Forget Magic System: Should they replace it?

How about a survey on the 3E halfling?

Dark Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads