Return to the Tomb of Horrors finally gets a Story Hour!

James McMurray

First Post
To answer several questions I have received about what happened, I posted this reply in the "Bump a Story Hour" thread:

--------------------------------------------------

The reason I stopped posting was because of the TPK mentioned in the last post. I'm not sure where people have gotten the idea that it ended abruptly.

After that campaign ended, I tried to continue on with a different group of high level characters, but it wasn't as interesting for everyone, so we moved on to other games and other GMs.

I've just recently started up an Epic level campaign though, and will be posting a story Hour for it once we get past the opening stages. So far I'm just running the group through a slightly modified version of the introductory adveture in the ELH. Once they've gone through that we'll move on to the real meat of the story: the (highly modified) Bloodstone Series and its quest for Deification.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
That's a shame, but I'll be eagerly awaiting a new SH from you when it arrives! If you could post the link here, then those of us that have subscribed to this thread can easily make their way across to the new thread.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Hear, hear.

I also like the integrity it shows that you didn't pull any punches or deus-ex --- the TPK means they lose.

Now I'd be be really interested to take that event, project its impact into campaign, and start a new group up dealing with the effects 10 years later...

John

the Jester

Legend
This is a great story hour! I'm not quite done with it, but I really like how you worked things.

My group, just starting to creep into epic levels, has just started RttToH. I'm curious- how did you deal with Moilians?

:D

Remove ads