Review: Blue Rose (Long)

Wombat

First Post
Based on this review, I picked up the pdf.

And, yes, I could see a lot of use for these rules for something other than Romantic Fantasy. I am looking at something more along the Earthsea line, although it might even work, under the right circumstances, for Fafhrd & the Grey Mouser-style as well... (And, yes, I do have Grim Tales.)

Nahat Anoj

First Post
Wombat said:
And, yes, I could see a lot of use for these rules for something other than Romantic Fantasy. I am looking at something more along the Earthsea line, although it might even work, under the right circumstances, for Fafhrd & the Grey Mouser-style as well... (And, yes, I do have Grim Tales.)
While I'm going to run a basic, by-the-book BR game soon, I want to use the damage save and magic system in Grim Tales. I think those two mechanics are perfect for a sword and sorcery type game.

Jon

Crothian

First Post
Emiricol said:
I'm not interested in "romantic fantasy" but I did just buy the PDF today based on Crothian's review. You know... the 'this is the best book they ever published' kinda grabbed my interest :)

I was a little worried about placing that statement in there. That is best compliment I could pay this book, really. But the more I wrote and the more I read it was just very clear to me that this is the best Green Ronin has done in this reviewers opinion.

Remove ads