<Review> More Gaming Frontiers Volume 1 reviews

GF Jeff

First Post
A new review of Gaming Frontiers Volume 1 can be found in the latest installment of The Critic's Corner at www.d20zines.com. We received a 4.15 out of 5.

A second review of Volume 1 has also been posted by Kithmaker on the Mortality.net website at www.mortality.net under the Product Reviews section - he gives us a 3 out of 5, which isn't as good as 4.15, but it's ok because as everyone knows, 3 is the Magic Number.

Jeffrey S. Carter
Head Writer / Assistant Editor
Gaming Frontiers
www.gamingfrontiers.com
United Playtest, Inc.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Great Magazine/Sourcebook

I have to add my two cents that GF is a great sourcebook and magazine. If future issues can continue to meet these standards, you've raised the bar for the whole industry. (Now if only Steven accepts my review for Pyramid...)

On another note, will GF have some SSS material from Malhavoc, Fiery Dragon, or Necromancer Games in any future issues?

And how's issue #2 coming along? Release date, sneak peaks, etc...

GF Jeff

First Post
JoeGKushner said:

I have to add my two cents that GF is a great sourcebook and magazine. If future issues can continue to meet these standards, you've raised the bar for the whole industry. (Now if only Steven accepts my review for Pyramid...)

On another note, will GF have some SSS material from Malhavoc, Fiery Dragon, or Necromancer Games in any future issues?

And how's issue #2 coming along? Release date, sneak peaks, etc...

Hey, thanks for the compliments, and I thought you'd never ask. Volume 2 just went to the printers and should be out by end of March / early April (in time for GAMA at any rate). The BIG NEWS is that Volume 2 weighed in at a whopping 160 full-color pages, which is 20 pages more than Volume 1 - and NO price increase.
Here is the finalized content (with apologies to anyone I forgot - feel free to post if I did!):

A brand new short story from Knight of the Black Rose author James Lowder

Inner Circle Games: 3 new exclusive monsters from their Violet Dawn campaign setting

Goodman Games: 6 pages of all new, Gaming Frontiers exclusive material for use with the Dinosaur Planet campaign setting, including new psychic powers for dinos and new psychic weapons

United Playtest: Jacob's Haunt, a new adventure written by me (Jeff Carter) for Gaming Frontiers, weighs in at about 16 pages

Troll Lord Games: An excerpt from The Canting Crew by Gary Gygax (including a prestige class)

Mystic Eye Games: 5 new monsters from the sea

Thunderhead Games: 10 new magic items meants specifically for monsters

Oone Roleplaying Games: New material detailing The Shadows Academy of Nath Rex from their adventure "The Twenty Sides of The Evil"

Mongoose Publishing: Excerpt from the upcoming Judge Dredd, and all new material for use with the Slayer's Guide to Amazons, including all new equipment, weapons, a prestige class and a whole new tribe

Privateer Press: New fiction and an all-new detailed gun shop for the "Exploring Corvis" Gaming Frontiers exclusive section

Atlas Games: New material from Nyambe, African Adventures (6 monsters cut out of the final book)

Bard's Productions: New material from their Common Ground series - this is an article called "Instant Guard Posts" that allows you to create guard posts...instantly!

Skeleton Key Games: "The Forsaken of Glimm" - a huge article detailing a new tribe of orcs (all new material)

AEG: A Gaming Frontiers exclusive Shadowforce Archer Spycraft Solo Serial - an adventure you can play all by yourself! Plus an exclusive look at The Cleaner, a prestige class that won't see the light of day in AEG products for a long, long time.

Hammerdog Games - a brand-new mini-adventure

A new "Role of History" from Andrew Hind detailing William de Sonnac and the Knights Templar

A new "On the Homefront" article from freelancer Bryan Fagan, detailing possibilities for Afterlife for your characters

New Freeport fiction from Green Ronin

Interviews with Privateer Press and Gary Gygax

An industry column from Mac Golden (formerly of Troll Lord Games)

Plus, my Shootin' From The Hip rant, a smattering of new reviews, Tony Mosely cartoons, the "Gear" section, an artist gallery featuring Volume 1 cover artist Patrick Keith, and more sass-talk than you can roll a die at.

It's funny you mention SSS material - both Necromancer Games and Mr. Monte Cook (Malhavoc) have approached us about submitting material for Volume 3, so it's already shaping up to be fantastic. We also have some Kalamar content on hand delivered by freelancers, and if it survives the approval process then you just might see some Official D&D stuff in there as well thanks to the good folks at Kenzer & Company.
Volume 3 should hit stores in July.

Also, look for Gaming Frontiers ads in upcoming issues of Dungeon & Dragon in the early half of the year.

Thanks for the interest! Phew, I'm taking a break.

Jeffrey S. Carter
Head Writer / Assistant Editor
Gaming Frontiers
www.gamingfrontiers.com
United Playtest, Inc.

Last edited:

Remove ads