• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Review of MadeByWombat 4E Utility Pack

BlindGeekUK

First Post
I, like I'm sure many of you, saw the advert for this at the top of Enworld. I clicked thru, had a look at the site, saw the cost, checked out the shipping cost to the UK, and decided to take the plunge...

That was on the 15th of June. I got an email from Chuck on the 16th saying he'd posted them, and this morning, the 23rd, the arrived at my office.

On first site, this is a nice pack. The logo is eye catching, the box sturdy, and the logo is a wrap around sticker with the 'For use with 4th edition' disclaimer, barcode, and msrp on the back. Chuck's obviously designed these to be stored in FLGS.

Once opened up, I had a look at the cards. The dailies are blue rather than grey, but for me thats fine, for my players, I normally re-write their utility powers into the equicvalent encounter/daily card, so they only have 4 colours to worry about (green, red, grey, yellow).
The backs of the cards are colour coded, and I like how the equipment cards layout the info. My only criticism of the cards would be that the way they are decribed on the website, I was expecting a glossy finish with entry boxes that would take OHP pens and wipe clean, allowing me to re-use them for delve nights etc

The tokens, I'm a little disappointed by. I was expected real tokens, instead, they are black tiddlywinks that you have to stick the status labels onto. The labels are great, and once stuck on, the tokens look really good, but again, I think I was expecting something else based on the website.

Would I recommend them?

Absolutely. The cards look really nice, much better in my opionion than the Character builder ones, or the Dragonkard ones that I use for my own character. The tokens are going to be really useful. And for 10 dollars (even with shipping and exchange rates, they worked out at about 10.60 pounds) you can't go wrong.

Attachments

• 099.jpg
    099.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 188
  • 102.jpg
    102.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 178
  • 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 189
  • 100.jpg
    100.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 189

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
A friend of mine bought this and brought it to our last 4e game - I pretty much agree with everything that you've said here.

However, I would also note that ENWorld has a dedicated review section and that you should make sure you copy and paste this there so that people have a better chance of seeing it.

BlindGeekUK

First Post
Its worth noting that theres more stickers than there are tokens...
Kudos to Chuck. He PM'ed me very quickly about the review, updated the site to make things clearer. Re: the more stickers than tokens, this is actually clearly displayed on the box, the main challenge being deciding what tokens to stick on what side.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads