• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Review of the RPGA Reward "Tomb of Horrors"

thekk

First Post
You have to jump through a few hoops to enroll in the DM Rewards program. Full instructions on how to enroll can be found in this forum post. Not the most friendly user-experience ever, to say the least. ;)

I've got this adventure too, and intend to run a party of 4 through it, so I'll tweak the encounters down just a tad. Do you have any suggestions on how a DM can dissuade players from doing encounter-extended rest-encounter? I've seen the suggestion of
adding a few ghosts that roam the tomb to keep them out of their sleep. I'm also thinking that there could be some acolytes of the Bleak Academy that have to reset a trap or two, down in the tomb. Or simply give them a limited amount of rations. Not that I think they'll make it past the first two rooms the first time

I've created a list of which D&D Miniatures you can use for encounters. i can post it, if anyone is interested?

Riley

Legend
Supporter
You have to jump through a few hoops to enroll in the DM Rewards program. Full instructions on how to enroll can be found in this forum post. Not the most friendly user-experience ever, to say the least. ;)

I'd say! It took me weeks and several slow email exchanges with cust service in order to register. And right now, I only have 3 players, so unless that changes, I won't be eligible for the second reward item.

DrOct

First Post

That's certainly a good guide, but it leaves out the main step I'm wondering about: How to get an RPGA/DCI number. There are unfortunately no stores all that convenient for me to get to that hold events so I'm trying to figure out if there's a way for me to get a number to start the process without clearing my schedule for some day and driving a long way...

I've seen some mention of being able to do it by signing up as a WPN organizer but that really seems to be more for store owners and such and some of the wording there kind of scared me off, since I don't really want to have random people showing up at my house or e-mailing me looking for games...

Now, second question: Assuming I do find a way to get signed up, how do I get DCI numbers for my players?

Holy Bovine

First Post
That's certainly a good guide, but it leaves out the main step I'm wondering about: How to get an RPGA/DCI number. There are unfortunately no stores all that convenient for me to get to that hold events so I'm trying to figure out if there's a way for me to get a number to start the process without clearing my schedule for some day and driving a long way...

I've seen some mention of being able to do it by signing up as a WPN organizer but that really seems to be more for store owners and such and some of the wording there kind of scared me off, since I don't really want to have random people showing up at my house or e-mailing me looking for games...

Now, second question: Assuming I do find a way to get signed up, how do I get DCI numbers for my players?

That is a sticking point to be sure. At the D&D events my local gameshop runs there are stacks of DCI sign up cards. If you wanted, the next time they run one in late August I could pick up a dozen or so to mail to you. PM me if you are interested - I'd be happy to help you out. The rewards program is awesome - I was jumping for joy when Tomb of Horrors showed up at my door last week. The full-sized poster map of the dungeon was just icing on the cake.

DrOct

First Post
That is a sticking point to be sure. At the D&D events my local gameshop runs there are stacks of DCI sign up cards. If you wanted, the next time they run one in late August I could pick up a dozen or so to mail to you. PM me if you are interested - I'd be happy to help you out. The rewards program is awesome - I was jumping for joy when Tomb of Horrors showed up at my door last week. The full-sized poster map of the dungeon was just icing on the cake.

That would be really awesome. I might just take you up on that!

The Little Raven

First Post
Does anyone know how I can actually get into contact with the RPGA in order to see why I haven't been receiving any of my DM Rewards, despite qualifying for them? Their site is completely worthless.

thekk

First Post
That's certainly a good guide, but it leaves out the main step I'm wondering about: How to get an RPGA/DCI number.
You can get a DCI Membership number from any store that runs DCI/RPGA events, according to this FAQ. You don't have to participate in an event to get a DCI/RPGA number. Simply ask for the membership card to fill in. ;) But if there isn't a store close to you that does Magic/RPGA events, it will take some time to get the number... ;(

The store owner has to send in the registration cards, but if you ask nicely, you can probably get a few off them to take home and give to your players. But if they have ever participated in a Magic the Gathering event, they probably already have a DCI-membership number.

But back on topic: anyone interested in that list of miniatures I made? Or have suggestions for how to lower the number of extended rests the group can take?

Last edited:

Remove ads