• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Revised Crossbow Expert and Sharpshooter - now with Homebrewery attachment

ro

First Post
I modified my wording of these two feats. What do you think?

Short Range Expert

- You ignore the loading quality of ranged weapons (except firearms) with which you are proficient.
- Being within 5 feet of a hostile creature doesn't impose disadvantage on your ranged attacks.
- You may use one-handed ranged weapons when two-weapon fighting.
- You may use two-handed ranged weapons when holding a shield. You may also access material components and perform somatic components of spells.
- When you attack a creature at close range, you may use a bonus action to give that creature disadvantage on opportunity attacks against you this turn.

Sharpshooter

- Attacking at long range doesn't impose disadvantage on your ranged weapon attack rolls.
- Your ranged weapon attacks ignore half and three-quarters cover.- You learn the spell Hunter's Mark and can cast it without expending a spell
slot. You regain this ability when you finish a short or long rest. If you
already knew Hunter's Mark, its damage and range are doubled and it no longer
requires Concentration.

Last edited:

ro

First Post
Here's another version. I'm playing with alternatives to the -5/+10.

Sharpshooter

- Attacking at long range doesn't impose disadvantage on your ranged weapon attack rolls.
- Your ranged weapon attacks ignore half and three-quarters cover.
- Sniper Shot: At the start of your turn you may expend a bonus action to make a precise shot and forgo your movement except to stand up or fall prone. The first time you damage a target with a two-handed ranged weapon attack on this turn, your target must make a Dexterity saving throw, with DC equal to 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Dexterity modifier. On a failure, your target gains one level of exhaustion.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads