D&D 4E Revisiting Reavers of Harkenwold

Jacob Lewis

Ye Olde GM
Just a quick update. I'm currently working on the next thread for this project. It has taken me a little longer to get back into writing mode for this, but I'm finally hitting my stride. In the meantime, I've started building a list of links for my other threads. They will be included at the bottom of the first post. In time, I will include all the links to the others as soon as they become public. Here's the current lineup:

1: Expanding the Iron Circle || Part I: The Iron Circle || Part II: The Iron Circle (cont.) || Part III: The Fell Court || Part IV: The Ashmadai || Part V: Gardmore Abbey

Last edited:

Jacob Lewis

Ye Olde GM
The first part of the second installment has been posted, and the link has been added to the index. You can also go directly to it here.

So I decided to make a larger post of several parts rather than dividing posts with individual sections. It takes me some time to write these and I didn't want readers to wait too long for me to drop it all at once. I'll be interested to see if this separation of old editions from the main D&D forum actually improves visibility and activity. Enjoy!

EDIT: It didn't seem that the larger post improved anything, so I reverted back to my original format. I suspect its less appealing to read such a huge chunk, but its hard to tell. At least I'll be able to continue linking directly to the individual sections.

Last edited:

Jacob Lewis

Ye Olde GM
Part III: The Revised Synopsis (Part I) has been posted.

I've outlined the first drafts for Chapters 1 and 2 for my revised version of this adventure. Chapter 1 is composed of the first two chapters from the original adventure, and includes an additional side trek into the ruined village of Marl.

The second Chapter is completely new, incorporating a lot of ideas and inspiration from Neverwinter Campaign Setting and the Lost Mine of Phandelver. Check it out, and let me know what you think. (And if you just click the like button, I will at least know that someone is reading these. )

Jacob Lewis

Ye Olde GM
Part IV: Regarding Eladrins, Elves, and Goblins has been posted.

In this section, I completely revamp Chapter 3 for my revised version of this adventure. I pull everything I can find from three different adventure modules from three different editions: Madness at Gardmore Abbey, Red Hand of Doom, and Lost Mines of Phandelver. Enjoy!

Jacob Lewis

Ye Olde GM
Hi any updates coming soon? I just stumbled upon this and the last part ended on such a cliffhanger.
Well, you're the first person to show any interest in about 8 months since I stopped updating these. Honestly, its a lot of work for me to write them up for what has been a very small, select, and largely quiet audience. I do have a number of ideas in mind, maybe more than what is needed to close this series out. So... maybe? 🤷‍♂️

Well, you're the first person to show any interest in about 8 months since I stopped updating these. Honestly, its a lot of work for me to write them up for what has been a very small, select, and largely quiet audience. I do have a number of ideas in mind, maybe more than what is needed to close this series out. So... maybe? 🤷‍♂️
I totally understand. When I noticed the large gap since the last post I was worried that would be the case. If you do decide to add on further, I would definitely be interested. If not, the work you've already posted has already inspired me to try to run this if I get the opportunity.

Jacob, I know you stopped updating these for understandable reasons. But I want you to know I'm gearing up to run RoH (for the 2nd time, although 1st was years ago) and your threads are extremely helpful!

Nothing on the Internet is ever too old.

Well, except when the site dies and there are no backups. Which is why I live by the mantra, "If you find something interesting on the Internet, Make. A Local. Copy."

Remove ads