Kickstarter Richard A. Knaak's Rex Draconis RPG - Rising Tides KICKSTARTER LIVE!

pbpublishing

Villager
Hi folks!

I would like to introduce you to our latest kickstarter that went live today:

Richard A. Knaak's Rex Draconis RPG - Rising Tides kickstarter.

Who is Richard A. Knaak?

Richard is the creative genius behind Rex Draconis. Richard builds the world of Tiberos in his brand new novel series; Rex Draconis. He is known worldwide as a New York Times Bestselling author of novels in the Dragonlance, Diablo, World of Warcraft, Pathfinder, and Dragonrealm series. Richard provides creative consultancy and canon authority for the Rex Draconis RPG team.

68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f507778367444396d2e6a7067

Against the backdrop of war, play as honourable Minotaur, chivalrous knights, mischievous Kwillum or powerful wizards, as you thwart the warmongering of the savage Wheyr and the machinations of the mysterious draconic Fafni and Afafni.

The Rex Draconis RPG is unique in that it is being produced in conjunction with the active novel line. While the novels are not required to use and enjoy the RPG, this structure allows you to interact with and fight alongside your favourite characters in a living, growing setting that evolves as Richard envisions. It is also important to note that the RPG storyline is a separate and unique story, that interestingly crosses paths with the novel line.

This setting allows you to experience the epic fantasy of Richard A. Knaak’s new world, dubbed by many as ‘the spiritual successor to Dragonlance’.

There are three initial products that this Kickstarter campaign will fund:
1. Rex Draconis RPG Player's Guide
2. Rising Tides - Adventure 1
3. Amble's Guide to Avondale (a full city setting book)

CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE KICKSTARTER PAGE:

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Please consider opening the playtest for at least a few months before final release, for at least some of the options.

5e has proven the value of open playtesting, and even some options I’ve purchased from Kobold Press have been terribly balanced!

trancejeremy

Adventurer
It's funny, he's written 3 of my favorite novels - King of the Grey, Frostwing, and The Janus Mask (first two modern fantasy, the second pseudo-historical) and yet all that apparently has been commercial successful are his Dragonance and other books for hire, plus Dragon-derived stuff.

pbpublishing

Villager
Please consider opening the playtest for at least a few months before final release, for at least some of the options.

5e has proven the value of open playtesting, and even some options I’ve purchased from Kobold Press have been terribly balanced!

Hi there doctorbadwolf,

Thanks for the interest and questions. You're absolutely right in that 5e set some excellent standards with regards to their open platesting.

Rest assured that all of these materials will be playtested. However since this setting material and modules are using the (already thoroughly playtested) 5th Edition and Pathfinder rulesets it is not necessary to have fully open playtesting. We will be providing opportunities for our backers to be a part of the playtest groups for the first adventure, Rising Tides, though, and all new archetypes, races and other setting specific mechanical rules.

Kind regards

Phil.

doctorbadwolf

Hi there doctorbadwolf,

Thanks for the interest and questions. You're absolutely right in that 5e set some excellent standards with regards to their open platesting.

Rest assured that all of these materials will be playtested. However since this setting material and modules are using the (already thoroughly playtested) 5th Edition and Pathfinder rulesets it is not necessary to have fully open playtesting. We will be providing opportunities for our backers to be a part of the playtest groups for the first adventure, Rising Tides, though, and all new archetypes, races and other setting specific mechanical rules.

Kind regards

Phil.

Fair enough. In counterpoint, I would only say that I’ve seen some very badly balanced stuff in both systems, so through playtesting of the core game doesnt mean it’s easy to make balanced options for it. But, as long as there is a pretty good length of back playtesting, I’m not too worried about dropping cash in advance for it.

pbpublishing

Villager
Oh, absolutely, balance of the setting specific mechanics/classes/races etc. are very important and very high on the priority list for us. Thanks again for taking the time to chat :)

pbpublishing

Villager
Only $700 left to go until we are 100% funded peeps! Then we start looking at those epic stretch goals. We have 21 days to go, lets see if we can really make this the best product it can be!

doctorbadwolf

Signal boosted on Twitter. I wonder if any of the big names in the hobby would be willing to boost, like Mercer, Colville, Mike Shea, etc?

Remove ads