Road Building Costs?

Geron Raveneye

Explorer
The Book of Strongholds & Dynasties (Mongoose) lists a Superior Road with 28gp per 20x20 ft (18gp labour, 10gp material). I'm just too lazy to do the math for a mile myself now. By the description, a Superior Road would qualify as a Roman road. The Average Road comes up to 13gp per 20x20 ft. :)

Edit: Curiosity got the better of my lazyness. A Superior Road of 20'x1 mile would cost 7392gp. An Average Road would be 3432gp. :)

Last edited:

sfellype

First Post
The Book of Strongholds & Dynasties (Mongoose) lists a Superior Road with 28gp per 20x20 ft (18gp labour, 10gp material). I'm just too lazy to do the math for a mile myself now. By the description, a Superior Road would qualify as a Roman road. The Average Road comes up to 13gp per 20x20 ft. :)

Edit: Curiosity got the better of my lazyness. A Superior Road of 20'x1 mile would cost 7392gp. An Average Road would be 3432gp. :)
In the book it is written, right below the description of the superior road:

"When building roads of whatever kind across large distances, you may multiply all costs by 265 to calculate the cost for a mile of road 20 feet across."

:)

Remove ads