Robert Lynn Asprin has died!

Vael

Legend
Damn, I loved his MYTH books, and the few Phule books I read. His early, non-humourous stuff was really good too, I liked Cold Cash War, and The Bug Wars.

Such a pity.

Wow. I've never really thought about it, but now that I have, I think the Myth books were the first real fantasy books I ever read. A friend of mine lent a few to me in the 4th grade.

He shall be missed.

LordVyreth

First Post
Wow, that stinks, and to think he was only 61. The early Myth books were some of my earliest fantasy novels as well. I stopped reading them after his long gap in the 1990s and was amazed a couple of years ago when I learned he co-wrote a half-dozen new ones. I suppose this is as good a reason to resume as any.

This has been a bad year for fantasy fans, hasn't it?

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Another good author vanishing, we seem to have had quite a string of deaths this last 12 months. + the allsheimers of Pratchett.

I would not recommend the new mythbooks, I tried 2 before bailing. Skeeve learning the same 'life lessons' over and over got old fast.
I will however dig up and reread my Phil Fargo(?) graphic novels of the first book. They were truely a delight.

Mishihari Lord

First Post
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!

All my favorite authors are leaving us. Poul Anderson, Roger Zelazny, Robert Jordan, and now Robert Asprin.

His MYTH books are a delight, and were the only way my mom could get my younger brother to start reading books that weren't assignments.

He will definitely be missed.

(Oh and the graphic novels were done with Phil Foglio)

Last edited:

Remove ads