ROBOTECH RPG - its back, and its new

Jack of Shadows

First Post
Dolom said:
Apollo has been working for Kevin for years now without a problem. Actually, so have lots of talented people. If Kevin were really the vile monster that some people make him out to be, why would someone like Apollo still work for him?

Business is a two way street and the disgruntled are doubly suspicious.

Friend,

I don't know if you're a Palladium employee or just one of the true believers. But I've talked with people who were major names with the company including a good friend who have all agreed KS is nuttier than a squirrel's treehouse.

Now I'm not interested in starting a flamewar and you're welcome to your opinion. Just don't disparage mine.

Jack.

TheLe

First Post
Hmmm

Regardless of your opinion of Kevin, it is exciting to see Robotech return to the RPG table. That being said, I have some major concerns:

1) Are the Game Mechanics fun? Or will be it a mega-damage fest that Rifts is?

2) Will the 5x7 format be acceptable to the audience? I don't think it will. Players want big books, 8.5x11 minimum.

3) Will it be priced right? Hard to say. I have argued that RPGs have been increasingly too expensive for years. Then again, people are willing to shell out $50 for a single book, so what do I know?

4) Can it be successful in a world where RPGs are down and World of Warcraft is up? Hard to say. I think it depends on the the above three questions.

`Le

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
Oh wow, that's a game I haven't played since I was 10-12 years old. Hope it does Palladium well even if I don't pick it up (no reason other then I am not interested in that that game anymore).

hexgrid

Explorer
Palladium's first release will be Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles RPG, planned for late November release.

The first book will be out less than two months after announcing the license? How realistic is that?

Arnwyn

First Post
Awesome that it's Robotech, shame that it's Palladium (if it uses the "Paladium Rules").

But being Robotech is enough for me - I'll certainly be checking them out (I have a complete collection of all the previous books, which I use mostly for the art and some basic technical details).

HelloChristian said:
Oops. I meant Kevin, as in Kevin Siembieda. He owns Palladium.

I have no idea who Ken is. I think he owes me money, though. ;)
I paid you back, remember?

*waves hand Obi Wan style* I no longer owe you money.

Wystan

Explorer
hexgrid said:
The first book will be out less than two months after announcing the license? How realistic is that?

Lets see:

1. Rehashed Robotech Rules
2. Rehashed Robotech Artwork
3. Some updates

Easy to do in two months...Probably already done in anticipation of the acceptance of the License agreement.

Imperialus

Explorer
[it] will use some of the best artwork and text from its previous Robotech RPG releases

So let me get this straight... Kevin re-acquires what was probably the most lucrative license his company ever had, something that could quite possibly make the "crisis" last year become a distant memory and he is STILL going to recycle line art and blocks of text from when I was 4 years old?!

mcrow

Explorer
All I have to say is that I'm freaking tired of every time a thread about Palladium gets going on here or RPG.net that some jackasses need to show up and crap in my cornflakes.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases