Roger's Living ENWorld Adventure

El Jefe

First Post

Edited to add that you may feel free to use anything in his background, including his last adventure.

Short summary of last adventure (Curse of House Thimbral) for Roger and anyone who went on it:[sblock]The party was hired by Hamlir Thimbral, the last survivor of his family, to lift a curse. Thimbral was destined to turn into a zombie unless he could take posession of an amulet. The catch was the amulet was hidden in Thimbral's ancestral mansion, which had been taken over and guarded by a small army of zombies!

The party left Orussus for the mansion (off the road to Rivendale), and were waylaid by bandits. Boog charmed one of them and the party killed the rest. The NPC bandit was Fredlar Wiggums, a rogue, who admitted they'd been hired by Xyran, a powerful mage and the grandson of the wizard who placed the curse on House Thimbral many years ago. They were to meet Xyran at an inn called the Morning Wench (location unspecified) after killing the party to collect their reward. Fredlar was held captive after the charm wore off until the party reached the mansion, then released unharmed. He hasn't been seen since.

The party explored the mansion, slaughtering zombies as they went until they reached an upstairs bedroom. There, a human named Gerald cowered until he was entually charmed by Boog. Gerald admitted that he also worked for Xyran, and had been in the mansion guarding the amulet, which he handed over to the party. Later, when the charm wore off, he stayed loyal to the party in hopes of becoming Thimbral's retainer. The mansion cleared of zombies, the party began their return to Orussus. They were soon attacked by a pack of wild dogs, all of which were slain or driven off. Gerald demonstrated that he was a low-level wizard by using his spells to help the party with the dogs.

The party returned the amulet to Hamlir Thimbral, lifting the curse. Gerald was given a share of the loot for his assistance. Several party members wished to track down Xyran, but when Gerald stated that Xyran had the power to create major undead, they realized that would have to wait for another day.

And that's when several of them wound up back in the Red Dragon Inn, looking for something to do...[/sblock]

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Roger said:
Kahuna? Any interest? (I can't seem to find a character for Kahuna in the big thread, either.)
Kirin the gnomish Mortalist cleric (clr2) went back to the hospice she was raised in (after the death of her parents) along with some worthies from the Red Dragon to offer their help in an Undead Issue that the hospice had recieved word of (see Fort Knocks). Once there, she was convieniently called away (since she's my character and I was running the adventure) by unspecified trouble at the home of her uncle (a relitive discovered later in life who raises riding dogs. Kirin rides Cirus, a war dog drop out from her uncle's 'ranch'.) When last seen, she was heading there with all due haste, and I was hoping for her to have an actual adventure rather than returning to the Red Dragon without much to show for her diversion. (orriginally this was also going to help sparky introduce a new character who was kirin's little sister/cousin but that poster has mostly dropped out of lew for the moment).

Roger: [sblock]there's a direction I'm thinking of moving Kirin in of making her a semi-pacifist - unwilling to kill her fellow mortals except under the most dire of circumstances - so I'm rather hoping to have an adventure where she is forced to take sides (based on the threat to her family) in a situation without any real bad guy. She's already moving in that direction, but a good "I wish I could fix the circumstances that brought you to this, but instead I have to kill you because you threaten my family" couldn't hurt. ;) [/sblock]

Remove ads