[Rogue Games] Announcing the Colonial Gothic Primer

rogue_richard

Explorer
April 9, 2007 (Chicago, Illinois)Rogue Games is pleased to announce the PDF release of the Colonial Gothic Primer.

Weighing in at 80-pages, this PDF is an introduction to the forthcoming historical supernatural roleplaying game-- Colonial Gothic.

Colonial Gothic Primer provides a streamlined version of the full rules, six sample Heroes, and an adventure designed for the Primer rules and sample Heroes. Set during the dawn of the American Revolution, Colonial Gothic is a historical supernatural roleplaying game.

The Colonial Gothic Primer, sells for $5, and is available for immediate purchase from Key 20 eMedia.

The full version of Colonial Gothic is scheduled to be released in August, 2007.

For more information on Colonial Gothic, visit the Rogue Games website www.rogue-games.net.

About Rogue Games

Based out of Chicago, Illinois and with an office in Toronto, Canada, Rogue Gamesis dedicated to creating games that make you think, laugh, and more importantly make you want to play. The Rogues live by one simple motto: Games so good they sneak up on you.™

Contact the Rogues at info@rogue-games.net for more information.

Last edited:

rogue_richard

Explorer
Frukathka said:
Looking forward to it. My homebrew is heavily Gothic based, so I can use all the material I can find. :D

Awesome. We are at Rogue Games are really excited about this game, and all the other games we have in development. If you have any questions, let me know. I will be more than happy to answer them.

Thanks!

Richard

rogue_richard

Explorer
Frukathka said:
Will either of these two products be bound?

The primer is PDF only.

However, the Rulebook, out this August, will be bound. 6"x9" softcover, 240 pages. In fact all the Colonial Gothic books, as all the
Fourth Millennium books, will be in this format. The upcoming Thousand Suns will be released as a PDF, and depending on how the reception is, we will release it as a bound book.

Thanks!

Richard

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
rogue_richard said:
However, the Rulebook, out this August, will be bound. 6"x9" softcover, 240 pages. In fact all the Colonial Gothic books, as all the
Fourth Millennium books, will be in this format. The upcoming Thousand Suns will be released as a PDF, and depending on how the reception is, we will release it as a bound book.
That is good to hear. I love PDFs, but I love to be able to have a bound product even more. Will these three lines use the same underlying system?

rogue_richard

Explorer
Frukathka said:
That is good to hear. I love PDFs, but I love to be able to have a bound product even more. Will these three lines use the same underlying system?

James and I like bound and printed works too, however, the advantage PDFs have, is that it allows us to test the market for some of our ideas.

Thousand Suns, is designed using d20.

Colonial Gothic and Fourth Millennium use the similar 2d12 System, but tweaked to fit the particular settings. The 2d12 System we used for these two games allow for fast cinematic inspired play, is designed to not bog things down. It has been play tested extensively, and it also allows us to adapt it to different genres and settings.

Thanks,

Richard

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
rogue_richard said:
James and I like bound and printed works too, however, the advantage PDFs have, is that it allows us to test the market for some of our ideas.
Totally understandable. PDFs also save people of the headache of rewriting material for their personal use to. ;)

rogue_richard said:
Colonial Gothic and Fourth Millennium use the similar 2d12 System, but tweaked to fit the particular settings. The 2d12 System we used for these two games allow for fast cinematic inspired play, is designed to not bog things down. It has been play tested extensively, and it also allows us to adapt it to different genres and settings.
If both do well will there be plans far system book?

JamesM

First Post
rogue_richard said:
Thousand Suns, is designed using d20.

Thousand Suns is a complete OGL game, which means it's based on D20 but has some significant diversions from the baseline D20 assumptions. It's classless and point-buy for one, although it does have levels, feats, and skills. A preview of the game will be ready in a few weeks and we'll reveal some specific mechanical elements of the game then.

Fourth Millennium is similar (rules-wise) to Colonial Gothic in the same way that, say True20 is to standard D20, which is to say, there is a strong family resemblance but each game has its own flavor and unique qualities as befits their subject matter and genre. If you know how to play one, it's easy to learn the other but certain things are handled slightly differently in each.

rogue_richard

Explorer
Frukathka said:
Totally understandable. PDFs also save people of the headache of rewriting material for their personal use to. ;)

LOL. It also is a format that some people really like. At 36, I am finding myself as Old School, because I like book. :D

Frukathka said:
If both do well will there be plans far system book?

That is something we have talked about, and we have not decided on, one way or the other. They system is pretty easy to learn, and my opinion is that once you learn it, you can play any of the games, with very little confusion. Still, if there is a demand for it, we might look into releasing a system only book.

Thanks,

Richard

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases