D&D 5E [Rogues Gallery] Everything D&D Ever - Temple of the Frog

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
This is the character thread for my Temple of the Frog play-by-post game. Players, in addition to your character sheets, please include your "legacy" choice for future characters if you have one (if not, that's fine).

mudbunny

Community Supporter
Name: Alara Dortotter
Sex: Female
Race: Human
Legacy - Swore an oath to a demon
Class/Level: Paladin (1)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Size: Medium
Type (Subtype): Humanoid (human)
Init +1; Senses Normal; Passive Perception 10

DEFENSE
AC 16 (chain mail (16))
AC 18 (chain mail (16), shield (+2 AC))
HP 12 (1d10 +2 Con)
Saves: WIS, CHA
Special Defenses: None

OFFENSE
Spd 30ft
Melee - Greataxe +5 ATK, 1D12+3 Slashing
Melee - Battleaxe +5 ATK, 1D8+3/1D10+3 1-Handed/2-handed
Ranged (Javelin) +3 ATK, 1d6+3 Piercing
None

STATISTICS
Str 16 (+3), Dex 13 (+1), Con 14 (+2), Int 9 (-1), Wis 11 (0), Cha 15 (+2)

Traits
1 - If you do me an injury, I will crush you, ruin your name, and salt your fields.
2 - I am better than where my situation has placed me. Once my vengeance is obtained, I will ascend to my rightful place.
Ideal
Blood, real (or shed in pursuit of a common ideal this would get added after having adventured with people for a while), runs thicker than water.
Flaw
I have no respect at all for anyone of the noble class.

Skills
(Proficient in bold)
Mod Attribute Name of Skill
+1 (dex) Acrobatics
+2 (wis) Animal Handling
-1 (int) Arcana
+3 (str) Athletics
+2 (cha) Deception
-1 (int) History
+0 (wis) Insight
+4 (cha) Intimidation
-1 (int) Investigation
+2 (wis) Medicine
-1 (int) Nature
+0 (wis) Perception
+2 (cha) Performance
+2 (cha) Persuasion
-1 (int) Religion
+1 (dex) Sleight of Hand
+1 (dex) Stealth
+2 (wis) Survival

Languages: Common, abyssal

Racial Abilities: None

Background Abilities:
Rustic Hospitality - Since you come from the ranks of the common folk, you fit in among them with ease. You can find a place to hide, rest or recuperate among other commoners, unless you have shown yourself to be a danger to them. They shield you from the law or anyone else searching for you, though they are unwilling to risk their lives for you.
Proficiencies - vehicles (land), carpenter's tools

Class features:
Divine sense - The presence of strong evil registers on your sense like a noxious odor, and powerful good rings like heavenly music in your ears. As an action, you can open your awareness to detect such forces. Until the end of your next turn, you know the location of any celestial, fiend or undead within 60 feet that is not behind total cover. You know the type (celestial, fiend or undead) of any being you sense but not its identity. Within the same radius, you also detect any place or object that has been consecrated or desecrated, as with the hallow spell.
You can use this feature a number of times equal to 1 + your Charisma modifier. When you finish a long rest, you regain all expended uses.
Lay on Hands - Your blessed touch can heal wounds. You have a pool of healing power that replenishes when you take a long rest. With that pool, you can restore a number of hitpoints equal to your paladin level x 5.
As an action, you can touch a creature and draw power from the pool to restore a number of hit points to that creature, up to the maximum remaining in your pool.
Alternatively, you can expend 5 hit points from your pool of healing to cure the target of one disease or neutralize one poison affecting it. You can cure multiple diseases and multiple poisons with a single use of Lay on Hands, expending hit points separate for each one.
This feature has no effect on undead and constructs.

Combat Gear:Greataxe
Longsword
Javelin (x5)

Other Gear:
Chain mail, backback, bedroll, mess kit, tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, waterskin, 50 feet of hempen rope,

Money: 10 gp

Description:

d19796ba78036177ff0006813c7820e5.jpg

Alara is approximately 5 feet 4 inches tall, and is very solidly muscled. Her hands and arms are scratched and scarred in the way of someone who has spent a long time in the forest. She has a haunted look in her eyes, and frequently looks like she is hearing and seeing something that is not there.

Alara is a very angry young woman. Her parents and family lived peacefully in the forest...had lived there for several generations actually. Just on the edge of the royal preserves. The forest rangers looked the other way most of the time upon the poaching of deer or the occasional sow in return for use of the barn for shelter and medical treatment if needed. As soon as Alara came of age, it was apparent that she had no small amount of skill in handling and healing creatures of all kinds. One fall day, a group of rangers came and asked her to come to their camp to look at one of their wounded that could not move.

A fortnight later, she returned to find nothing left of her homestead but ashes. She could find nothing of her family but pools of dried blood below some ragged ropes hanging from a sturdy branch. After the rangers helped her create some cairns for her family, she was left to her own devices. With nothing but her memories and some castoff equipment left for her by the rangers, she left, attempting to follow the days-old trail.

She wandered aimlessly for several months, following a hint here and a tip there. One night, after several days not finding any food, she was forced into a cave to escape a savage storm. After preparing for the night, she went to sleep, worrying In the middle of the night, she woke up to find that the fire had gone out. The sparks and embers from her relit fire floated in the air. One of the embers touched the roof of the cave, and, in a flash, glowing images formed on the walls.

Examining the images, Alara found herself, despite her inability to read the symbols, found herself understanding in the symbols a possibility for revenge. Almost in a trance, she performed the actions indicated. The next morning, when she awoke, her aimless wanderings of the previous months had disappeared, her hunger and thirst assuaged, she was left with nothing remaining but memories of Eltab, her benefactor, sending her to the Everflowing Spigot, a brewery and tavern in the upscale market district of Blackmoor City.

Personal Goal:
Revenge against the killers of her parents.

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Lillily (forest gnome sailor fighter 1)
(in progress)

[sblock="pic"]halflingzb4.jpg[/sblock]

Str 8 (-1)
Dex 16 (+3)
Con 14 (+2)
Int 15 (+2)
Wis 12 (+1)
Cha 10 (0)

Size: small
Speed: 25
Vision: Darkvision 60 feet
Languages: Common, Gnome
Alignment: CG

Hit points: 12
AC 15
Init: +3
Prof bonus +2
Proficiencies: all armor, weapons, shields, navigator’s tools, vehicles (water)
Saves: Str, Con
Skills: Acrobatics (+5), Insight (+3), Perception (+3), Athletics (+1)

Fighter things:
Style: twf
Second wind (bonus action to regain 1d10+1 hp, 1/rest)

Gnome things:
Advantage on Int, Wis, and Cha saves vs. magic
Cantrip: Minor illusion (DC 13)
Speak with small beasts.

Sailor things:
Feature: Ship’s passage

Characteristics:
Personality: I enjoy sailing to new ports and making new friends (3)
Ideal: Freedom. The sea is freedom… (3)
Bond: In a harbour town, I have a paramour… (4)
Flaw: My pride will probably lead to my downfall. (6)

Possessions: 26gp
Trinket (rabbit’s foot).
Studded leather 45 gp 13lbs
2 shortswords 20 4
light crossbow 25 5
bolts (80) 4 6
bolt case (4) 4 4
backpack 1 5

not bought food, etc. yet; just confirming that normal encumbrance rules (and not the p. 176 variant) are in place?

Last edited:

Brother Dave

First Post
(In Progress)
[sblock=Bran Ravenwood, Itinerant Mistrel]Bran Ravenwood.jpg[/sblock]

Name: Bran Ravenwood [sblock=aliases] Lander Brightwood
aka Mara Ravenwood, actress (Bran's 'sister')
aka Lord Jon Fingle
aka Ruben Hand, rake
aka Fel Astin-Manicot, master merchant
aka Gunter McGlast, artist
aka Sir Edvin Harrington III
aka Olga Harrington (Edvin's 'sister')
aka 'Dunny' Ned, beggar/village idiot
aka Mordechai the Magnificent, traveling magician[/sblock]Sex: Male
Race: Human
Class/Level: Sorcerer (Dragon Mage)/1
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Init: +1
Senses: Normal
Passive Perception: 11

DEFENSE
AC
14 (13 natural +1 dex)
HP 9 (1d6 +2 con +1 draconic)
Saves: Constitution, Charisma
Special Defenses:
- Shield Spell. When Bran would be hit with an attack or magic missile, he can cast Shield as a reaction. Grants +5 AC until his next turn and immunity to magic missiles.

OFFENSE
Speed: 30ft
Melee (Dagger, finess, light, thrown 20/60) +3 ATK, 1D4+1 Piercing
Ranged (Light Crossbow, ammunition, range 80/320, loading, two-handed ) +3 ATK, 1d8+1 Piercing
Special Attacks:
Ranged Spell (Fire Bolt) +5 ATK, 1d10 Fire
Spell Attack: +5
Spell Saving Throw DC: 13
Cantrips Known: Fire Bolt (VS), Minor Illusion (SM), Prestidigitation (VS), Blade Ward (VS)
Spell Slots: (1st) 2
Spells Known: Shield (1st), Disguise Self (1st)

STATISTICS
Str 8 (-1), Dex 12 (+1), Con 14 (+2), Int 14 (+2), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 16 (+3)

Traits: I'm a hopeless romantic
Ideal: Creativity. The world is in need of new ideas and bold action.
Bond: I am in love with another man's wife (see flaw). I also have a mysterious past and ancestry that may come back to haunt me (see The real story), and strong ties to the theater.
Flaw: I once satirized a noble who still wants my head. It was a mistake I will likely repeat.

Skills (Proficient in bold, marked with @)
+3 @ (dex) Acrobatics
+1 O (wis) Animal Handling
+2 O (int) Arcana
-1 O (str) Athletics
+5 @ (cha) Deception
+2 O (int) History
+3 @ (wis) Insight
+3 O (cha) Intimidation
+2 O (int) Investigation
+1 O (wis) Medicine
+2 O (int) Nature
+1 O (wis) Perception
+5 @ (cha) Performance
+5 @ (cha) Persuasion
+2 O (int) Religion
+1 O (dex) Sleight of Hand
+1 O (dex) Stealth
+1 O (wis) Survival

Languages: Common, elvish, draconic*

(*Bran does not know that this is the language of dragons, or even what it's called. The strange words and symbols just appeared in his head one day, and have tormented his dreams ever since.)

Racial Abilities: Human
Ability Score Increase: +1 to Charisma, +1 to Constitution
Bonus Skill Proficiency: Deception
Bonus Feat: Actor. Skilled at mimcry and dramatics, Bran gains the following benefits:
- Increase Charisma score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
- Advantage on Charisma (Deception) and Charisma (Performance) checks when trying to pass himself off as a different person.
- He can mimic the speech of another person or the sounds made by other creatures. He must have heard the person speaking, or heard the creatures make the sound, for at least 1 minute. A successful Wisdom (Insight) check contested by his Charisma (Deception) check allows the listener to determine that the effect is faked.

Background Abilities: Entertainer (Actor)
Skill Proficiencies: Acrobatics, Performance
Tool Proficiencies: Disguise kit, Lute
Equipment: Lute, favor, costume, belt pouch w/ 15 gp
Feature: By Popular Demand. Bran can always find a place to perform, usually in an inn or tavern but possibly with a circus, at a theater, or even in a noble's court. At such a place, he receives free lodging and food of a modest or comfortable standard (depending on the quality of the establishment), as long as he performs each night. In addition, his performance makes him something of a local figure. When strangers recognize him in a town where he has performed, they typically take a liking to him.

Class Features: Sorcerer
Armor Proficiencies: None
Weapon Proficiencies: Daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaffs, light crossbows
Tool Proficiencies: none
Skill Proficiencies: Insight, Persuasion
Saving Throws: Constitution, Charisma
Equipment: light crossbow w/ 20 bolts, component pouch, explorer's pack, 2 daggers
Feature: Spellcasting (Charisma)
Feature: Sorcerous Origin (Draconic Bloodline)
Origin Feature: Dragon Ancestry (Gold). Bran can read, speak and write Draconic. Additionally, whenever he makes a Charisma check when interacting with dragons, his proficiency bonus is doubled if it applies to the check.
Origin Feature: Draconic Resilience. As magic flows through Bran's body, it causes physical traits of his gold dragon ancestors to emerge. At 1st level, his hit point maximum increases by 1 and increases by 1 again whenever he gains a level in this class. Additionally, parts of his skin are covered by a thin sheen of dragon-like scales. When he isn't wearing armor, his AC equals 13 + his Dexterity modifier.

Combat Gear:
Daggers (x 4) [4 lbs]
Light Crossbow [5 lbs]
Crossbow bolts (x 80) [6 lbs]

Other Gear:
Traveler's clothes [4 lbs]
costume [4 lbs]
lute [2 lbs]
belt pouch [1 lb]
50' hempen rope [10 lbs]
component pouch [2 lbs]
backpack [5 lbs]
bedroll [7 lbs]
blanket []
tent []
hooded lantern []
oil, flasks (x3) []
candles (x12) []
mess kit [1 lb]
tinderbox [1 lb]
torches (x 10) [10 lbs]
rations, per day (x 10) [20 lbs]
waterskins (x3), full [15 lbs]
healer's kits (x2) []
healing potion []

Money: 15 gp [~.5 lbs]

Weight Carried: 96.5 lbs
Carrying Capacity:
120 lbs
Push/Drag/Lift: 240 lbs

Physical Appearance:
At 6 feet, Bran is relatively tall, but knows how to stand and walk to look much shorter (or even taller). At 190 pounds he's lean, but not skinny or fat. His face is like a thousand other faces you'll see on the street. His features are somewhat androgynous - with the right clothes and makeup he can easily pass for female. His skin is fair, and parts of it are covered in a thin sheen of golden scales (though he is careful to cover up any visible areas with makeup). His hair is black and short. His eyes are a watery shade of blue with gold flecks.

Quote:
"I'm a lover, not a fighter. Occasionally a spy. And a hopeless romantic. That's what got me kicked out of my last home town...well, that and my scathingly accurate imitation of Lord Armiger, that old windbag. To bad he had to walk in right in the middle of the best part. Oops! Though the look on his face was priceless... Anyway, if he ever catches me, he'll have my head. Good thing I'm hard to catch. Still, best to keep moving. Now, his wife, on the other hand, was much more appreciative of my talents. She can catch me anytime she wants! Ah, Tessa...I will never forget my first love. Why did you have to marry that dolt Armiger, anyway? Was the wealth and status really so important to you?" - Bran Ravenwood, musings

[sblock=The real story]'Bran Ravenwood' was born Lander Brightwood. He grew up in the theater, surrounded by actors, makeup, costumes, props and adoring audiences. He learned from the best, and it shows. That's also where he got his attitudes about love and romance. His parents were both actors, and loved life in the theater.

He always knew he was different, and that was driven home when fine golden scales started to appear on parts of his skin shortly after his 10th birthday. His parents did not seem particularly surprised by this, and taught him how to keep them hidden with clothing and makeup. They warned him to never reveal this feature to anybody, lest he be viewed with fear and hatred. When he started 'hearing' odd words and sounds and 'seeing' strange symbols in his head a few years later, he kept it to himself.

It was about that time that he also discovered - the hard way - that his parents were not all they seemed, either. Apparently, acting was just a cover for their real profession - espionage. His head throbbing from trying to suppress the words and voices in his head, he sought out a quiet corner of the theater to find some peace. Instead, he accidently stumbled into a clandestine meeting between his parents and their 'handler'.

His parents faced a difficult choice - have their only child taken away from them to be raised by strangers, or bring him fully into their life of intrigue. They chose the latter, and for the next several years Lander was trained in espionage and sent on occasional missions to gather information. In the course of these missions he developed and nurtured several alternate identities and became quite good at assuming them. His parents told him repeatedly that the missions were vital to the security of the realm, and he didn't have much choice but to trust them...but there was always that little hint of doubt in the back of his mind, wondering if he was doing the right thing.

Then one day everything changed. His 'handler' contacted him directly for a mission, something he had never done before (his parents had always acted as intermediaries). Lander was not at all comfortable with this new development, but had little choice but to complete the mission anyway. The mission was successful, but on his return he was ambushed while slipping down a dark alley - and that's when 'it' happened. A trio of thugs emerged from the shadows, menacing with their long knives and hard eyes, and he knew he was as good as dead. They closed on him, and in a panic he reached deep within himself and felt a wellspring of rage and raw power like he had never felt before. Not caring where it came from, he grabbed it and instinctively flung it at the thugs just as one of them sliced at him with his knife. The knife slashed through his jerkin but turned on the suddenly hardening scales on his chest, and a blast of flames burst right in his attacker's face, temporarily blinding him and catching his hair on fire. Frightened by this unexpected turn of events, all three thugs scattered, and Lander was able to slip away.

Lander carefully made his way back to the theater, only to receive another shock - the theater was engulfed in flames, and his parents had apparently died in the blaze. Convinced that his handler had set him up to get rid of him - just as he must have gotten rid of his parents in the fire - he changed his appearance to one he had not used before and immediately left town. Alert for possible tails, and constantly feeling eyes upon him, he went through several identities before settling on Bran Ravenwood, a moderately successful itinerant minstrel.

He's been travelling ever since, trying to put more distance between himself and anyone who might have once known Lander Brightwood or his parents (and from Lord Armiger, after that unfortunate incident involving his wife). Lander/Bran knows that one day he'll have to go back and try to get to the bottom of it - both to find out just who his parents were in fact really working for, and where his strange gifts came from - but he's not ready to deal with that yet.

Over time he has learned to tap into and control his newfound power, shaping it into useful forms - mostly to enhance his performances and for self defense. He has also fully embraced his Bran persona, to the point that he's no longer sure where Bran starts and Lander stops. The Bran persona is much less inhibited than Lander ever was, allowing him to indulge in behavior that Lander would never have dared. For example, Lander is a hopeless romantic - in love with the idea of love, and always pulling for the underdog - but quite reserved with the ladies; whereas Bran is a shameless flirt when it suits him. Bran also has a real gift for satire - something Lander never truly indulged in.

Normally he keeps the Bran persona at the forefront, for fear that something of his true personality would be recognized and word of his whereabouts and continued freedom would get back to his handler. Occasionally the lines would blur, however - especially when his emotions got involved. The episode with Tessa is a prime example of that. What started as innocent flirtation at a tavern after a performance soon turned into a secret love affair. Unfortunately, Tessa was betrothed to Lord Armiger - a local noble with considerable wealth and power. Lander tried for weeks to convince Tessa to forget about Armiger and run away with him, but she was not enamored of the idea of trading wealth and position for life on the road, and refused. Despondent, he indulged a little to deeply in the cups and ended up standing on a table expounding on the most unflattering 'virtues' of Lord Armiger, complete with unnervingly accurate renditions of his speech and mannerisms. Unfortunately, Lord Armiger chose that night to visit the establishment and walked in at the worst possible moment. Only a few well-timed distractions, a quick costume change, and a lot of luck allowed him to escape with his life.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Name: Samara Renae

[sblock]Cleric.jpg[/sblock]

Sex: Female
Race: Half-Elf
Class/Level: Knowledge Cleric of Saint Cuthbert/1
Alignment: Lawful Good
Init: +0
Senses: Normal, 60' Darkvision
Passive Perception: 14

DEFENSE
AC 16 (scale mail [AC 14] + shield [AC +2])
Saves: Wisdom, Charisma
Special Defenses: advantage vs Charm, immune to Sleep magic

OFFENSE
Melee: +4 mace (1d6+2)
Ranged +2 light xbow (1d8)
Special Attacks:
Spells
Spell Attack: +5 Sacred Flame
Spell Saving Throw DC: 13
Cantrips Known: Guidance, Mending, Sacred Flame
Spells Preparared: (1st) Command, Guiding Bolt, Healing Word, Prot fr Evil and Good

STATISTICS [27 points]:
Str 14 (+2)
Dex 10 (0)
Con 12 (+1)
Int 14 (+2) [+1 racial]
Wis 16 (+3) [+1 racial]
Cha 10 (0) [+2 racial]

Traits: I see omens in every event and action. The gods try to speak to us, we just need to listen.
Ideal: Charity. I always try to help those in need, no matter what the personal cost.
Bond: I would die to recover an ancient relic of my faith that was lost long ago.
Flaw: I judge others harshly, and myself even more severely.

Skills (Proficient in bold)
+0 (dex) Acrobatics [Disadvantage due to Scale Mail]
+3 (wis) Animal Handling
+6 (int) Arcana [via Domain; Expertise via Domain]
+2 (str) Athletics
+0 (cha) Deception
+6 (int) History [via Domain; Expertise via Domain]
+5 (wis) Insight [via Acolyte]
+0 (cha) Intimidation
+4 (int) Investigation [Race bonus]
+5 (wis) Medicine
+2 (int) Nature
+4 (wis) Perception [Race bonus]
+0 (cha) Performance
+2 (cha) Persuasion
+5 (int) Religion [via Acolyte]
+0 (dex) Sleight of Hand
+0 (dex) Stealth
+3 (wis) Survival

Languages: Common, Elvish, Dwarvish, Giant, Celestial

Background Abilities: Proficiency in Insight, Religion, plus two languages
Feature: Shelter of the Faithful - free healing and care at temple etc, possible home in temple

Class features: Spellcasting, Divine Domain [Knowledge]

Combat Gear:
Mace, Scale Mail, Shield, light x-bow w/20 bolts

Other Gear:
priest's pack, holy symbol, 10 candles, vestments, prayer book

Money: 15 gp

Carrying Capacity: 210 lbs
Push/Drag/Lift: 420 lbs

Physical Appearance:
Samara has bronze skin, dark blue eyes and a blonde pixie-cut hairstyle.
She is 5'4" and has a thin build.
Her clothes are usually simple and masculine which hide her figure well.
She speaks with an unusual accent which many find unnerving.
People tend to find her attractive, and she looks younger than she really is (which is 24).

Backstory:
  • Samara was born in a human homeland and raised partially by her single mother, a human Soldier in a city/metropolis.
  • She was initially peasant-born; when her mother left for war, she was placed in the care of the local clergy where she learned and studied among the scholars and academics of the temple of Saith Cuthbert.
  • As she grew, magical and wondrous happenings surrounded her. She once encountered a pixie that she swears to this day was an Angel sent to guide her, and she often spoke to this creature, even when it appeared it wasn't there.
  • In her infancy, she suffered a head trauma which caused her to have powerful headaches and blackouts. The priests eventually figured this out and, with their magics, cured her of her illness. Seeing clearly for the first time in her life, the priests' magic redoubled her faith and she began to see omens in all sorts of things.
  • During her research, Samara learned of the existence of a special book that could end up being the cornerstone of her entire faith.
  • Upon her mother's return, she personally instructed Samara in the warrior arts to prepare her for her journey.
  • Because Samara was so cloistered, concepts of personal discourse outside of the scholarly circles are foreign to her. She speaks her mind plainly, and if someone does not follow or act in the fashion of Saint Cuthbert's tenets, she will chastise them openly.
  • She is a regimented person who ritualizes most standard activities.

Last edited:

sithramir

First Post
Name: Taranis FlameTongue

Sex: Male
Race: Half-Elf
Class/Level: Bard/1
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Init: +3
Senses: Normal
Passive Perception: 15

DEFENSE
AC: 15 (12 Studded Leather Armor +3 dex)
HP: 10 (1d8 +2 con)
Saves: Dexterity & Charisma
Special Defenses:

OFFENSE
Melee: Rapier (Finesse) +5 Attack, 1d8+3 Piercing
Ranged: (Hand Crossbow, ammunition, range 80/320, loading) +5 ATK, 1d6+3 Piercing
Special Attacks:
Spells: Attack +5 (Saving Throw DC: 13)
Cantrips Known: Mage Hand, Vicious Mockery (Minor Illusion will be next)
Spells Known: Cure Wounds (1st), Dissonant Whispers (1st), Faerie Fire (1st), Sleep (1st)

STATISTICS
Str 8 (-1), Dex 16 (+3) +1 racial, Con 14 (+2) +1 racial, Int 10 (+0), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 16 (+3) +2 racial

Traits: I'm driven by wanderlust.
Ideal: Change: Life is like the seasons, in constant change, and we must change with it.
Bond: I am the last survivor of the Seelie Court. It is up to me to ensure their names enter legend.
Flaw: I will never truly trust someone, other than myself.

Skills (Proficient in bold) 3 Bard, 2 Half-Elf, 2 background
+5 (dex) Acrobatics
+1 (wis) Animal Handling
+0 (int) Arcana
-1 (str) Athletics
+5 (cha) Deception
+0 (int) History
+3 (wis) Insight
+3 (cha) Intimidation
+0 (int) Investigation
+1 (wis) Medicine
+0 (int) Nature
+3 (wis) Perception
+3 (cha) Performance
+5 (cha) Persuasion
+0 (int) Religion
+5 (dex) Sleight of Hand
+5 (dex) Stealth
+1 (wis) Survival

Languages: Common, Elvish, Halfing, Sylvan, Celestial

Racial Abilities:
Darkvision: Taranis can see in dim light within 60' as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it was dim light
Fey: Resistance on charm saving throws, can't be put to sleep magically
Feats: NONE

Background Abilities: Drifter:
Taranis has spent most of his life moving from place to place, never settling down in one location for long. During his travels, dealt with people of all backgrounds and from all walks of life.

Skill Proficiencies: Insight, Persuasion

Tool Proficiencies: vehicles (land)

Languages: Any two standard languages of your choice

Equipment: A set of traveler's clothes, souvenirs from various places you've called home, belt pouch containing 15gp

Feature: Contacts. Taranis knows someone (or someone knows him) in every place he's been to. You can find a place to hide, rest, or recuperate among people you know unless you've shown yourself to be a danger or too much of a nuisance to them. They will help you as much as they are able, but they will not risk their well-being for you.

Taranis longs for a place to call home. Whether they enjoy moving from place to place or yearn to settle down, the constant moving shapes a drifter's attitudes and ideals. Some develop an insatiable wanderlust and choose adventuring to fulfill it.

CLASS FEATURES
Spellcasting: Charisma DC 13
- Bardic Inspiration (d6) (3 uses)
Proficient: Light armor
Weapons: Simple Weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortswords
Tools: 3 musical instruments (Lute, Horn, Flute), vehicle (land)

Combat Gear:
Rapier
Hand Crossbow w/ 20 bolts
Dagger
Staff
Studded Leather Armor

Other Gear:

Traveler's clothes
Lute
Horn
Flute
Belt pouch
50' hempen rope
component pouch
backpack
bedroll
mess kit
tinderbox
10 torches
10 days of rations
waterskin
*potion of healing 2d4+2
Money: 20 gp, 5 sp

Weight Carried: xx lbs
Carrying Capacity: 120 lbs
Push/Drag/Lift: 240 lbs

Physical Appearance:
Taranis is slender and stands at 5' - 6" tall. There is no conflict with whether or not he is handsome or where his origins must be from. He is simply beautiful. A perfect painting come to life. He is edged with a glow as if the colors of everything about him wavers. His hair and beard are the reds and orange of a spectacular sunset. As if locks of his curling hair were painted with the glory of the sky when the sun was setting. His eyes are multi-petals of green: jade, grass, shades of leaves as if a green flow had been substituted for the iris of his eyes. He smiles at you joyously and you feel inspired as if that smile was meant for you and only you. One look and you know you will either hate him or love him.

Backstory:
Taranis, Lord of Light and Illusion, future king of the Seelie Court.

Taranis is a wanderer, but wasn't always so. Taranis was a half-breed born to the love of an immortal High Royal Sidhe named Arannis and an Elf female named Theirastra. To be a sidhe and a member of the Seelie Court is to be blessed but being "mortal" and a half-breed to boot, was nothing but a curse. Never treated as an equal for his heritage, Taranis was only protected so long as his father remained in good standing at the court. A minor noble, he was loved by many. Loved too much, perhaps, for the Queen always doted on Taranis's father Arannis. Rumor has it, his mother Theirastra, was a whore only their to gain the benefits of the court. Any creature who gives birth to a Sidhe child is given life long acceptance into the courts. The Sidhe are not the most fertile race.

Most folks assumed these rumors came from the Queen for she despised Theirastra and had plans for making Arannis the next king. Unfortunately, one fail day, Arannis was found poisoned and terribly ill. Taking this weakness to her advantage, the Queen challenged Theirastra to a duel and slew her. Arannis never fully recovered from the illness, but while immortal, could not die from it.

Taranis, as his younger years continued, soon learned the meaning of pain. While true duels were not allowed for those not yet of age, Taranis found himself fighting for his life day after day until he realized something must be done. On his wakening day, he challenged one of the royal court to a true duel in front of the Queen and the court in hopes of proving himself in battle. His hopes that such a win would win him a place in the Queens Guard and would end any future duel attempts. The guard was exempt to such as their protection of the royals was of the utmost importance.

Such an attempt was foolish and became his demise and banishment from the Sidhe court. A warrior defeating another with only magic was considered a great accomplishment. There was no lack of pride between the Sidhe. It is a matter of pride and boasting for one to be able to bring victory as such as the magic of the Seelie is that of illusion and enchantment. Rare is the ability to bring physical harm. Taranis paid the true price when his adversary cast some sort of minor feeblemind spell upon him.

Taranis was immediately relieved of all mental facilities. The court, seeing Taranis's weakness and knowing his father had never truly recovered claimed his mortality was a disease. His fathers illness was Taranis's fault! His choices were to be banished and never return (a fate worse than death to the Sidhe) or to stay and be forever shamed. Eventually succumbing to some other betrayel.

Taranis eventually left the court, his memories jumbled. Wandering became his lot in life as he desperately seeked to find some place to call home. He continues his search traveling to town after town seeking adventure to fill the void of his needs. He may not have ever truly recovered from his ordeal from the duel. While perhaps mortal, his long life has gained him a reputation as a drifter. Many towns know him and those who remember him often offer him a place to stay in exchange for conversation and perhaps a beautiful Seelie court song or poem.

Taranis has trouble remembering when or where he is. He is often given aid but as much as people are able, but only if it does not risk their own well being. His wanderlust and goal to find a true home is always delayed by the fact that his mental facilities have never truly returned to normal. One day he awakens clad in the most beautiful of armors with earth shattering spells on the tip of his tongue, and others he is clothed with only a few coppers to spare. Always willing to share his lore and musical talents from his "past life" at the Seelie court he never actually performs in front of a crowd. His inability to retain his memories always causing issues, often forcing him to move on to another town.

As far as he knows, the Seelie court is no more. His familiy, his heritage gone perhaps even just a myth. He cannot truly ever know.

*Last Edit: Realized you get 4 1st level spells instead of 2

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
The Kestrel
Neutral Human Monk 1
Background: Urchin (City secrets)

[sblock=History Synopsis]Inamar was a child when she was taken; a troublemaker even then who had gotten herself kicked out of the orphanage she'd spent her life in until then. Living on the streets she made the acquaintence of an old beggar with one eye who went by Old Squint. They formed a friendship of sorts, one that developed into a sort of mentor/student relationship as he taught her some of the tricks he knew in exchange for her bringing him some of the spoils. Little did she know that Squint had bigger plans for her once he saw her potential... One night she was awakened rather rudely by being shoved into a sack by shadowy assailants. She was dumped out in a darkened sanctuary surrounded by robed and hooded figures.

She was never asked if she wanted this...the choice she had was simple; train and learn, or die. She was, above all else, a survivor. However, despite carefully seeming broken and loyal, she always harbored a desire to be free buried deep within where it couldn't be seen. One day, perhaps she'll have a chance to do something about it. Now under orders to investigate the so-called Temple of the Frog, the newly renamed Kestrel joins a team of adventurers...[/sblock]

Str 10 2
Dex 16 9
Con 12 4
Int 10 2
Wis 16 9
Cha 09 1

HP 9/
AC 16 (10 +3 dex + 3 Wis)
Prof Bonus +2
Init +3
Exp: 0

Race
-------
Human
- +1 to 2 attributes (dex and wis)
- Bonus Skill Proficiency (Deception)
- Bonus feat

Class
-------
Monk
- Unarmored Defense: Use Dex and Wis to modify base AC
- Martial Arts: Use Dex with unarmed or monk weapons, unarmed or monk can do 1d4 damage, bonus unarmed atk

Proficiencies
--------------
Weapons: Simple, Shortsword
Armor: None
Tools: Thief tools, Disguise kit, Flute
Saves: Strength, Dexterity

Feats
------
Defensive Duellist (use reaction to add prof bonus to AC vs triggering atk)

Skills
-------
Acrobatics +5
Athletics +2
Deception +1
Insight +5
Perception +5
Sleight of Hand +5
Stealth +5

Languages
----------
Common

Equipment
-------------
Cash: 5sp

Weapons
--------
Unarmed, +5, 1d4+3
Darts (10), +5, 1d4+3, 2.5lbs, thrown 20/60
Shortsword (monk), +5, 1d6+3, 2lbs

Armor
------
Common Clothes

Gear
-----
Backpack, 2gp, 5lbs
- Blanket, 5sp, 3lbs
- Hooded Lantern, 5gp, 2lbs
- Oil (3 pints), 3sp, 3lbs

Belt Pouch, 1lb
- Small knife, 1lb
- Caltrops, 1gp, 2lbs
- Memento (trinket)

Waterskin, 2sp, 5lbs

fireinthedust

Explorer
Xana Stormborn
Female Tiefling Sage (Librarian) Wizard 1
Neutral Good
Strength8(-1)
Dexterity 12(+1)
Constitution13(+1)
Intelligence15(+2)
Wisdom10 (0)
Charisma15(+2)

Maximum Hit Points: 7
Speed: 30 feet
Proficiency bonus:+2
Initiative modifier: +1 (dex +1)
Attack (handheld): +1 (+2 prof, -1 str)
Attack (missile) +3 (+2 prof, +1 dex)
Unarmed Strike: +1 to hit; 1-1 bludgeoning
4 Daggers (+3 to hit; 1d4+1 piercing; thrown, finesse, light)

Eyes:Red
Hair:White Straight

Cantrips: Ray of Frost, Produce Flame, Mage Hand

Spells Learned
1st: Witchbolt, Find Familiar, Chromatic Orb, Shield, Sleep, Protection from Good and Evil

Armor Class: 11 (+1 dex)

Saving Throws
s: -1
d: +1
c: +1
Int: +4
Wis: +2
Cha: +2
Insight: 10 (15 with advantage)
Perception: 10 (15 with advantage)

Carry: 120lbs
Languages: Common, Draconic, Infernal, Elven

Arcana: +4
History: +4
Deception: +4
Religion: +4

Equipment
Melee: Dagger
Ranged: Dagger
Spell-book
Arcane Focus (orb amulet)

Sage's Gear:
a bottle of black ink,
a quill,
a small knife,
a letter posing a question I have not yet been able to answer,
a set of common clothes,
a belt pouch containing 10gp

Explorer's pack:
a backpack
a mess kit
tinderbox
bedroll
10 torches
10 days' rations
waterskin
50ft hempen rope

Trinket: a crystal knob from a door (which door is mysterious)

FAMILIAR
Odum (flying monkey familiar)
Tiny beast, unaligned
Armor Class 12
Hit Points 3 (1d6)Speed 20 ft., climb 30 ft., Fly 10ft.
S: 6 (-2)
D: 14 (+2)
Con: 11
Int: 6 (-2)
Wis: 12 (+1)
Cha: 6 (-2)
Senses: Passive Perception 11
Languages: (common, infernal, monkey)
Challenge 0 (10xp)
Bite: melee weapon attack: +0 to hit, reach -, one target. Hit: 1 (1d4-2) piercing damage

[sblock=History]

*Xana tried taking a short cut in her wizardly studies by looking into a dark and forbidden "tome-crystal" called the Infinity Cube, that whispered promises of dark power and forbidden dealings
* Reading from the tome, Xana summoned the spirit of a Lich named Azalak, king of Cambions, a horned skull wreathed in flames that hovered above the cube
* Azalak's magic transformed Xana into a tiefling, a rather attractive one, and partnered her with a winged "imp" named Odum
* However, rather than share the powers of a Warlock Pact, the loch made advances upon the young wizard; advances Xana rebuffed in disgust
*Azalak cackled and vanished, swearing that the witch would yet succumb to his romantic advances (which, fiendish as that sounds, in the moment was more sad than anything else; after all, Azalak was an undead loch-lord of significant power, or had been, but was rebuffed by a rather-waifish apprentice witch; a discrepancy that, with some research, Xana found more proof, in that some of the tales of Azalak were somewhat exaggerated, and in fact... actually, this is really unimportant right now)
* Xana was furious.
*Odum was disappointed, and it turned out he could talk.
*Also, he wasn't a real Imp, but only a flying monkey
*Xana was now a walking stereotype.
*Xana left her master's tower, bringing with her the Orb of Azalak, a Crystaline doorknob, her spell book, and other supplies as needed for adventuring.
*Azalak has continued to make contact, and the ghost of the cambion loch-lord (alleged) has advised her of many great secrets to be found... at the Temple of the Frog [/sblock]

Attachments

• 58d84c24188554da54f29bb919873747.jpg
    58d84c24188554da54f29bb919873747.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 19,694
Last edited:

Remove ads