Roleplaying Online Under Lockdown: Interview Series

I've started an interview series on my blog covering local gamers who've adapted to roleplaying online during lockdown.

This week, I spoke with professional GM and D&D Adventurers League organizer Ian Adly, who talked about the tools and platforms he uses, and the technical issues he encounters.
Mic not working. Mic is not loud enough. Sometimes, it’s too loud. Sometimes, you hear the voice of the Old Ones so you need to re-plug the mic to resolve that.

I also spoke with gamemaster and community organizer Amelia Liw, who has been running D&D and The Quiet Year on a wide range of different platforms:
Earlier on, I tried Zoom with my main Monday group (that I DMed for), but the 40 minute limit got annoying and we’ve gone back to Discord voice chat. Saturday group also sticks to Discord for voice chat. Friday coworker group uses Google Hangouts and some players use Snap Camera to put on funny filters while we play.

The full article is up here:

Next week, I speak with the local Pathfinder folks!

My interview series continues with two of the central figures in the local Pathfinder Society scene, Razzman Khaliff and Harmeshver Singh.

Challenges? Well, convincing people to join and try was a problem at first since many were skeptical...

Read the article here.

Today, we present interviews with community organizer Alyssa Tan and veteran GM Douglas Larke!

If you’re missing RPGing, work up the courage to find groups online and try it out! It’s not as difficult as it first seems, and actually, you can still form strong bonds with other players via it. I’ve made some new friends over the last few months that I feel like I’ve known for years!

Read on:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases