Roll call and head count

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I am here, though my first excursion on a two wheeled device since last year's acute medical event almost turned out less then desirable. But since pizza is in the oven, all is well.

john112364

First Post
I for one was very disappointed. It was the worst apocalypse ever IMO. I was hoping to get up in the morning and see frogs or meteors or body parts or something​ falling from the sky. Then at least I could blow off work, go back to bed and not have to worry about losing my job. But noooooo. Nothing! So I had to get up and go to work anyway.

Damn Mayan calendar.

Scott DeWar

Even though you can't see what was written as a rep point comment, Leif wrote that I needed a Harley.
As much as I would love to ride, I need it to be a three wheeler until I get my balance back. Fewer chances at wobbly-ness. The arms and and inner ears are still recovering!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I, for one, always liked the chopper trikes of the 70s- even had some Matchbox/Hot Wheels versions.

So, my wife has decided that she'd like to learn how to ride a motorcycle - which I am entirely cool with.

I, myself, have always been scared of the things. Riding along at highway speeds, with nothing between you and the rest of the universe - it is kind of scary to me. Then, she started looking at bikes she could get, having had some recommendations from friends who ride. And, I tell ya, some of the things Triumph puts out are just so darned cool, it is almost enough to get me to learn to ride...

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
No denying that cool factor.

However, all my bike riding buddies say something along the lines of "its just a matter of time when, not if, you'll have to lay your bike down..." which is lingo for "when, not if, you have a crash..."

Scott DeWar

So, my wife has decided that she'd like to learn how to ride a motorcycle - which I am entirely cool with.

I, myself, have always been scared of the things. Riding along at highway speeds, with nothing between you and the rest of the universe - it is kind of scary to me. Then, she started looking at bikes she could get, having had some recommendations from friends who ride. And, I tell ya, some of the things Triumph puts out are just so darned cool, it is almost enough to get me to learn to ride...

wow, two double posts in a row.

any way, did you know that there were motorcycles in ancient Israel?

"King David's Triumph was heard through out the hills!"

Remove ads