Roll Call: Who is working on what and is still here?

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
In conjunction with LRON's post I figure we might as well pool our resources and see who is working on what and what needs to be done. I really would love to put out the ivrelum for DF, but if other work needs to be done let us know so we can see what all is there.

I saw the post for regional feats. Granted feats are nice but aren't feats done to death? Pull the netbook of feats up and I know several that can apply to DF. What else can we work on or need to be done sans getting someone to update the web page?

I'm here, though mostly in an idea-generating capacity, not rules writer, since I need to focus myself on my Nat20 projects. But I'm always available for rules proofing and helping balance and enrich material that's been written already.

I do think our best bet is to go location by location instead of theme by theme, and I want to have a hand in fully realizing Skaukator. Do we know if the Epic Level Handbook will be Open Content, because it might be useful to stat the Patrons and Fiendlords? Though I personally don't care, it would be a nice academic exercise.

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
RangerWickett said:

I do think our best bet is to go location by location instead of theme by theme, and I want to have a hand in fully realizing Skaukator. Do we know if the Epic Level Handbook will be Open Content, because it might be useful to stat the Patrons and Fiendlords? Though I personally don't care, it would be a nice academic exercise.

I think that would be a good way to head. Take one location and work on that religously and move on to the next. One at a time till you are complete with the area than go to the next one. Will it stop people from working on an area they don't like? No. You can still work on an area but don't ask for help/ideas/support till we hit that area. Once that is complete i think we will have a much better scope on where we are going with the work.

Imperialus

Explorer
well... Ok then. Seeing as how we have a web guy you can now expect a writeup on the hobgoblin principality in your mailbox by Sunday night at the latest. I just didn't want to spend most my free time writeing something that would never see the light of day. I'll let you know if anything changes, which it might. I'm in the process of being approved for a mortgage and getting my stuff packed up to move so it's just a wee bit hectic in my life right now.

As for exactly what I want to work on, Egran has always kinda been my playpen so I would like to continue working on that. Admitadly it is pretty close to being finished so I would like to branch out to the rest of the Kessel, flesh out the Archons and that sort of stuff. Anyone who needs help with "crunchy bits" for the other strongholds and pet projects I would be more than happy to help out, though I will be dissapearing in early April for at least a week or so while I move and get a new internet connection set up.

Last edited:

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
Does anyone have a list of what is done and what isn't? A structure of what needs to be done? For right now I would like to do a few things:

1. Take each land and give it a scale of 1-5. 1 being information started 5 being complete with the lords and lands done down to a T.

2. Strike out each land starting with the ones closest to 5 and then proceeding down the list knocking each one off as we go.

3. Do a cleanup/review of said work and put it into a .pdf as the basic CORE of the lands and then begin on fluff work.

Fluff work: adj. meaing extra data that is not neccessarily needed for a setting to be used and/or introduced i.e. feats, PrC, skills, spells.

My fundamental mission is thus: Get the building blocks of the domain completed, do not stop anyone from working on anything but start doing some status updates. I will try to keep a log of work going on (anyone want to start a yahoogroup?) and what the progress of each is doing, but I need help from everyone on this board to catch me up to speed and give me a rating system.

I think I can impliment this in the website but we shall see.

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
well i can keep track of it via the website. that shouldn't be an issue. I was still thinking of pcgen and how we do a few of the things there to keep track of it but we moved it all to a webbased setup now.

Tell me what is done and what needs to be done.

Remove ads