D&D General Roll20 useing art as tokens

So many of us have taken to online gaming (I use roll20) and with that the idea of stealing art from the internet has seemed easier then trying to make a 100% description from nothing.

What are YOU using for art for your online games? and Do you credit the original artists (if you can even find them)

Mort

Legend
Supporter
For my home game, which is not recorded in any way?

I'll use whatever art I feel is appropriate to the situation, that I can find.

There is SO much out there that a quick google search will usually find just about anything. Heck a short time ago I needed a picture of a demon mutated troll. And it was right there, easy to find.

I'll credit and use my own stuff whenever possible, but for just flashing a picture on a screen for bit, I'll use what I can find!

For my home game, which is not recorded in any way?

I'll use whatever art I feel is appropriate to the situation, that I can find.

There is SO much out there that a quick google search will usually find just about anything. Heck a short time ago I needed a picture of a demon mutated troll. And it was right there, easy to find.

I'll credit and use my own stuff whenever possible, but for just flashing a picture on a screen for bit, I'll use what I can find!
yeah I am pretty amazed what you can find with google

Stormonu

Legend
Same as Mort - a quick Google search, a little modification with Gimp or other software, and into the VT it goes. Lately, screenshots of miniatures created in Heroforge and cropped for tokens. Personal game, so I don't bother to credit, unless it has other content that my players may be interested in visiting (such as the aforementioned Heroforge).

Bluebell

Explorer
I play with artists who would darn well notice and be mad if they thought I was stealing art because they wouldn't want that to happen to them, so no. I use official art or I credit or I've even commissioned things. If I like an artist enough to use their work regularly, I throw them a few bucks on patreon.

Remove ads