• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Roll20 VTT Enters Open Beta

Someone

Adventurer
I like whay I see. Other VTT tools overcomplicate matters by adding too much automation; this saves trivial amounts of time in actual play at the price of multipliying preparation time (which isn't good) and a steep learning curve.

I might try this one. I've checked other VTTs, but many of them cost money which I dont really want to risk - most games are USA based (which would mean playing at like 3 in the morning from here) and my spoken english isn't that good, which makes me reluctant to try.

Aeolius

Adventurer
Per MacRumors:

"Alongside OS X Mountain Lion 10.8, Apple has released the updated version of Safari to OS X Lion (10.7). It is available in OS X Lion's Software Update. According to Apple, the new Safari contains new features, including:

- Smart Search Field. Safari now has one field for typing both searches and web addresses.
- Offline Reading List. Safari saves entire webpages in your Reading List so you can catch up on your reading even when you don’t have an internet connection.
- Do Not Track. Safari can send the websites you visit a request not to track you online.
- Password pane. Manage your saved website logins with the new Password pane.
- Baidu. The leading Chinese search engine Baidu is now a built-in option for Chinese users.
For more information about Safari, please visit: About Safari 6 for OS X Lion

Safari 6 for OS X Lion also includes improvements to stability, compatibility, usability and security, including changes that:

- Make the swipe to navigate gesture work with PDFs.
- Restore the state of Reading List when Safari is launched.
- Fix an issue that affected full screen video in webpages that have positioned content.
- Restore the user's previous cookies after Private Browsing without requiring a Safari relaunch.

malcolypse

First Post
I just gave roll20 a quick inspection with a couple of friends and I think I'm hooked. I don't know how this wizardry works, but if it means that I can game with whomever I wish regardless of distance, I will back it 100%. I'm excited by the fact that I figured out lots of stuff just by fooling around while I talked to them, seeing what I, they, and roll20 could do. It was simple enough for me, and functional enough to cover almost any need I would have. As I play around with it more, I'm sure I'll come up with some suggestions, but at the moment I have nothing but high praises for this vtt.

Remove ads