Rolleyes smiley is back?

haiiro

First Post
I hadn't seen this one in awhile, and frankly I didn't miss it -- I thought it was removed by mod/admin request?

Is it going to get re-tweaked out of existence, or is back to stay?

Edit: Upon closer inspection, this snippet was used to make it appear:

"img src="http://forums.seochat.com/images/smilies/icon_rolleyes.gif"

So I probably made the wrong assumption. Still curious, though. :)

Last edited:

Teflon Billy

Explorer
I love him like a brother. Sarcasm is one of the sharpest weapons in my arsenal, and it becomes much easier to wield with the help of my little yellow squire--->:rolleyes:

Crothian

First Post
I can understand why PC hates it. People would post rather rude comments, but feel that the rolls eyes protected them and made the post either clever or somehow okay.

Starman

Adventurer
Teflon Billy said:
I love him like a brother. Sarcasm is one of the sharpest weapons in my arsenal, and it becomes much easier to wield with the help of my little yellow squire--->:rolleyes:

Amen, brother. I'm known as the Master of Sarcasm here at home. Little :rolleyes: and I get along just fine.

Starman

haiiro

First Post
Starman said:
Amen, brother. I'm known as the Master of Sarcasm here at home. Little :rolleyes: and I get along just fine.

I'm a pretty sarcastic guy as well, I just don't think that smiley works well on EN World -- Crothian pretty much nailed the reason why, IMO.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Crothian said:
I can understand why PC hates it. People would post rather rude comments, but feel that the rolls eyes protected them and made the post either clever or somehow okay.
Heh. Now that we've banned it, I'm going to read the use of the rolleyes smiley in a rude post as "I'm being intentionally rude and wanted to make sure the mods know it too."

Last edited:

cybertalus

First Post
Uhh, speaking of being rude and all, direct linking to an image stored on someone else's server without having their permission to do so is also considered rude by some people. I have no idea if seochat.com has given anyone specific permission to link to their images, but a quick skim of their FAQ didn't turn up a general permission to do so. Just something folks might want to keep in mind.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Indeed. It's bandwidth leeching, among other things. Not nice at all. (Although the bandwidth requirement for a smiley isn't big.)

In any case, there are lots of smiley sites on the net that don't mind; you just have to look for them. Use these instead.

But not for the rolleyes smiley. :D

Remove ads