Rope trick spell - limits?

bret

First Post
Shard O'Glase said:

yeesh when did they change that. The freakin spell description even says look out at least the 1st printing does. And since 3rd edition I've seen many of the creaters coment on it, I think even the sage.

The second printing (the one with the errata fixs in it) says:

Note: Creating an extradimensional space within or taking an extradimensional space into an existing extradimensional space is hazardous.

Without some sort of explanation, I don't know how the FAQ can say it is safe to bring the Bag of Holding or similiar magic items into the space created by the Rope Trick spell.

Now that they compress the errata, I haven't bothered to download the new version yet. Hassle to handle zip files, wish they would at least offer the option of uncompressed or gzip.

Deadguy

First Post
An Alternative Approach to Extra-dimensional Spaces Inside Extra-Dimensional Spaces

Since I wanted to avoid too many spontaneous explosions or 'things' falling through from 'rips in reality', I ruled that "when inside another extra-dimensional space, then extra-dimensioanl spaces created by other objects or spells are inaccessible".

That way, the party needs to plan taking stuff out of the Bag of Holding before entering the Mansion or Rope Trick areas. Works for me.

finder

First Post
Can "Detect Magic" find a "Rope Trick"?

Can the Rope Trick spell be detected ( by Detect Magic etc.. ) while it is active ?

Can Rope Trick be dispelled?

What happens to the people inside?

I thought it existed in Extra dimensional space and thus would not be detected.

regards
Andrew

Remove ads