• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RPG Artwork

Kywyn

First Post
A picture and some wallpapers to share :)

shaekysmall.jpg

LINK

Last edited:

Kilmore

First Post
Okay... the first picture. I don't know how much you intentionally watered down the colors and blurred the photograph, but it was done well, and is a good idea for combining a photograph with a drawing. But mixing photos with drawings is never easy, and the black lines in the dark character's cloak kinda trips up the effect for me. And his pose seems a little unnatural. His knees shouldn't be on the opposite sides of the picture. Okay, I'll say it. It looks like he's trying to bust a walnut with his ass.

That's kinda harsh, and I'm sorry about that, but you really have some good things going on here, and I think it deserves more of a response than "Gee, that's nice. Next picture."

There's some problems with the elf girl too. For starters, her chest looks a little lopsided. :eek: I think it's the shading on the cloth, which overall is done well, but the point of tension for the folds is a little off. No other way than to be a little blunt about it. If she's built like that, then the point of tension in the cloth should be near her nipple. And I have a problem with her hands, too. They look like they were taken from a Barbie doll. Of course, I know as well as anyone that hands can be a real pain to draw.

But overall, the first picture has good atmosphere and design, and believe me, that is a lot more elusive than a few piddly little anatomy problems.

As far as the second picture goes, my one problem is that it was a little too blurry... took me a minute to figure it out. But once I did, I got a kick out of it. He's just giving them hell isn't he? Too many people just do "Here's my character and here's his pose." "Grunt." Nice to see a little action.

At any rate, keep them coming! I wouldn't have been hard on you if I thought it would be a waste of both of our times. :)

Oh, and you can tear my pictures apart at
http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30730

Kywyn

First Post
Hiya, Crusan :) Good to see you.

Lit-3 actually, Scorpio :p

Thanks for the artistic critique, Kilmore :)
I see all your good points. I thought a lot of the same ones when I first finished, but that's part of the joy of creation, right? One stroke, one line, one page, one shot. Just letting it flow, and seeing what comes out. I would go back and adjust it, but that kinda defeats the purpose and meaning, for me anyways. But I really do appreciate your response. :)

A few more sketches:

deepgnome1.txt

deepgnome2.txt

greyelf1.txt

moonelf1.txt

palaelf1.txt

Last edited:

Kilmore

First Post
Okay, these character drawings are quite nice. Um, the airbrushing effect you're using doesn't quite show these pictures to advantage. It actually looks a little spotty to me. In some cases, it looks more like camoflage than shading. The two elves are done the best, though the effect actually kinda works for the bald halfling.

The spider is just nice. ^_^ You seem to have a touch with spiders.

Faces need a bit of work. I don't know what you're doing for your hands, but it really seems to work for you.

Kywyn

First Post
Thanks very much, again, Kilmore. Yeah, I agree, the airbrushing is a quick and rough effect. The ones I spend the time filling with color first seem to turn out looking more finished.

:)

drow1.txt

rogtief1.txt

swordelf1.txt

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads