• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RPG Charity: What Should I call this Product?

What Should I Name this Product?

• Character Growth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Character Development

• Children & Teens

• Growing Up

• Infant to Apprentice

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Junior 20

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Level Zero

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Precocious

Votes: 3 20.0%

PlotDevice

First Post
Hi all!

I am writing a new product to be released under the RPG Charity label, all proceeds to go to Oxfam. It will be a fairly hefty mod to the d20 base rules for a rather specific purpose:

Characters from birth till they get to adulthood.

Lots of stuff to do, have gotten a few artists to agree to help out (can use more!), but am equivocating about the name for it.

What do you think of these names, and can you suggest another that might be better?

Thanks for any help,

Evan

Tinner

First Post
While I like the name Growing Up, I like the idea of d20 Precocius even better.
Not sure how much of this product will involve fleshing out PC's backgrounds, but something like Backstory, or Starting Young might work too.
Good luck.

PlotDevice

First Post
sirfrancisdrake said:
can you seriously write up a character thats 1 year old? That'd be cool, you could roll to see if you succeed sucking on your momma's booby.

Mike

:lol:

Well, all I have to say to you is: Imagine the poor parents of the 6 month old prospective sorcerer who has taken 7 levels of the Precocious Transient Talent in Charisma based magic... and can cast 1st level spells. *

Well, the preferences of people are all over the shop so far. Seems others have the same quandries as myself! Thanks for the suggestions, and please keep them coming!

Warm regards,
Evan

*note: rules still being nutted out... this is not a firm example of the mechanics yet

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
"Those Darn Kids"

I suggest "childhood feats" which are swapped out for normal feats when they become adults.

For example, "Innocence"

Last edited:

PlotDevice

First Post
Heh. Too Scoobie Doo I recon. ;)

And yes, that is the very essense of Transient Traits: Feats, Skills and Abilities that are only relevant for children. More to it than that of course, but that is the essense of this style of ability.

Thanks again
Evan

FraserRonald

Explorer
I like "Level Zero," which is leader in votes right now. For once, I'm with the majority. Does that mean I've lost all credibility?

And good luck with the new product, Evan. You know I'm always ready to lend a hand with anything RPG Charity puts out. Oxfam is a worthy cause.

Cheers!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads