RPG Evolution: Gift Ideas for Steampunk Fans

If you enjoy dressing up during your tabletop games, these accessories make it easy to add some Steampunk flair.

If you enjoy dressing up during your tabletop games, these accessories make it easy to add some Steampunk flair.

Please Note: I'm a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to http://amazon.com. Amazon regularly posts and delists items so these may not all be in stock, and if you plan to purchase these for the holidays check delivery times as some may be shipped from overseas. Listings are in price order from lowest to highest.

steampunkgifts5.jpg

Steampunk Glove ($10)

This is a faux leather glove that has a steampunk style with gears, rivets, and a watch. It is adjustable and comfortable to wear, and it adds some flair to your steampunk outfit. It is suitable for cosplay, Halloween, or any occasion where you want to show off your steampunk personality. I recommend wearing it on your off-hand though, as it tends to get in the way of dice rolling.

steampunkgifts1.jpg

Victorian Suit Vest ($13)

This is a polyester vest that has a Victorian design with a double-breasted front, a stand collar, and two pockets. It is slim fit and elegant, and it comes in various colors, such as black, brown, gray, and navy. It is ideal for creating a steampunk look with a shirt, pants, and accessories. I wear it over the t-shirt (below) at cons.

steampunkgifts4.jpg

Historical Cosplay T-Shirt ($19)

This is a cotton t-shirt that has a historical cosplay print with an American Revolution-style theme, complete with stars and a ruff. It is soft and breathable, and it comes in different sizes and colors. This is one of those shirts you can wear to any game or convention and be on-theme without too much fuss. I wear it as an undershirt beneath the rest of my steampunk attire when I attend cons, so if I need to take off my coat or vest, I'm still thematically-appropriate.

steampunkgifts2.jpg

Steampunk Arm Guard ($25)

This is a leather arm guard that has a steampunk design with two large tubes sticking out of it. It is durable and protective, and it fits most arm sizes. Like the glove above, it's best if used on your off-hand.

steampunkgifts3.jpg

Steampunk Top Hat ($28)

This is a felt top hat that has a steampunk style with goggles, feathers, and gears. It is high quality and fashionable, and it comes in different colors, such as black, brown, and red. Like the shirt above, it's easy to take on and off, particularly if you switch characters quickly. I used this costume throughout my playtest of 5E Quest: Clockwork Carillon: the hat (without goggles) to represent one character; the goggles (without the hat) to represent a second; and both goggles and hat to represent a third.

IMG_3648.jpeg

Steampunk Dice ($35)

There’s a lot of steampunk-style dice but not all of them blend form and function. I’m particularly fond of this set, one of the few where the words “hollow” and “metal” make sense when applied to dice.

Michael Tresca

Michael Tresca

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads