RPG Freebies, Bundles, and Sales News (December 4, 2022)

Welcome to the Bundles, Freebies, and Sales News, the weekly column at EN World that helps make sure you don’t miss out on big tabletop RPG bundles, charity fundraisers, and sales from around the internet. Charity Bundles and Sales Hey, this company seems familiar… EN Publishing has a bundle on Bundle of Holding for Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition! From the publishing arm of EN World, this...

Welcome to the Bundles, Freebies, and Sales News, the weekly column at EN World that helps make sure you don’t miss out on big tabletop RPG bundles, charity fundraisers, and sales from around the internet.

o0fEjs.jpg

Freebies and Pay What You Want

Note: While “Pay What You Want” downloads are available for free, please support the creators if you are able!

On DriveThruRPG, Handiwork Games released a|state Playbooks, a collection of 27 form-fillable playbooks for a|state second Edition and one blank playbook. This collection will make jumping into the Forged in the Dark cyberpunk RPG much easier.
  • Price: Pay What You Want (Suggested: $1.99)

With the Pathfinder adventure path Abomination Vaults getting new editions for Pathfinder 2nd Edition and Dungeons & Dragons 5e, Taylor Hodgskiss wants to make the megadungeon even better with The Abomination Vaults: Expanded. This 86-page expansion adds on new lore, additional content suggestions for each level of the vaults, random encounter system custom-made for the adventure, guides for integrating the Beginner Box content, extra side-quests, and a lot more to turn the dungeon into a full-fledge campaign.
  • Price: Pay What You Want (Suggested: $0.00)

Long Games released the pamphlet-sized solo/duet RPG How to Date a Vampire. Go on seven dates with a vampire and ask two questions while being asked one and, after the seventh date, decide if you want to make it official.
  • Price: Pay What You Want (Suggested: $5.00)

For more duet play with a horror twist, Jack Smith released Keeley’s Gold, a one-player-one-keeper adventure for Call of Cthulhu. Thirty years ago, a cult was chased from the titular farmstead after complaints of “shooting stars” emanating from the farm. Now, Orion Keeley is selling milk he calls “Keeley’s Gold” raising concerns he may be resurrecting the cult. Though designed for one player, there are also guidelines for adapting the scenario for a full party of Investigators.
  • Price: Pay What You Want (Suggested: $0.50)

‘Tis the season to start planning holiday one-shots, and Arkphoenix RPGs has your back with the Christmas Town Generator. This system-agnostic supplement will help you create your own Christmas village for use in any sort of merry adventure this holiday season.
  • Price: Pay What You Want (Suggested: $1.00)

Erik Åhlin wants to expand your Mutant: Year Zero games with Zone Veterans, a collection of over 30 new talents for Mutants, Animal Mutants, Humans, and Robots. Also available in Swedish.
  • Price: Pay What You Want (Suggested: $2.95 each)

Over on Storyteller’s Vault, Thea Vik has a great player reference with printable bookmarks for Vampire: The Masquerade. Each bookmark represents a Kindred clan with all the bookmarks collected in a PDF for easy printing as well as individual PNGs if you want to customize yours.
  • Price: Pay What You Want (Suggested: $2.00)

On Dungeonmasters Guild, Dan Newton has three new subclasses for D&D 5e: Grove Guard Fighter Subclass, Circle of Torrent Druid Subclass, and College of the Sea Bard Subclass.
  • Price: Pay What You Want (Suggested: $0.50 each)

You can also pick up a new version of the Bard class from Elly, revised to be “a bit more fair, balanced, and fun while staying within the spirit and confines of D&D 5e”.
  • Price: Pay What You Want (Suggested: $0.92)

If you want to bring a bit more magic into your game, Wyll Hood has Magical Martial Subclasses featuring new subclasses for the Barbarian, Fighter, Monk, and Rogue adding magical abilities to these martial classes.
  • Price: Pay What You Want (Suggested: $1.23)

And if you want more revised versions of 5e classes, Conner Brown released a new version of the Battle Master Fighter by expanding the class abilities into a maneuver system.
  • Price: Pay What You Want (Suggested: $0.50)

William Rotor wants to expand your adventures through Wildspace with Spelljammer: FTL (Flight to Limbo) inspired by the video game FTL: Faster Than Light. This supplement features six Spelljammer-inspired player classes, three spells, an upgrade system, eighteen new Spelljammer stat blocks, plus a hockey minigame.
  • Price: Pay What You Want (Suggested: $3.40)

Chloe Page released The Shades of Charnel, an adventure for Levels 3-5 that sends the party into a system of mysterious catacombs to find a life-saving map that can protect a village from collapsing into the ground.
  • Price: Pay What You Want (Suggested: $6.15)

Okay…so Glenn Huston released an absolutely shocking number of adventures this week. Each of these is available as Pay What You Want with a suggested price of $0.50.
  • Devious Enticement: This 4th level adventure follows a party searching for the individual responsible for a chain of violence in a nearby town
  • Expeditious Retrieval: This 4th level adventure centers on a creature who has escaped from a travelling exotic animal dealer, who has begun to find a taste for humanoid flesh.
  • Vain Brutality: This 4th level adventure follows a party as they attempt to ascertain the recent disappearances of travellers along a particular stretch of road several miles from a nearby town.
  • Double Trouble: This 4th level adventure follows a party who's been tasked with dealing with a vicious two-headed creature who's taken to attacking the outskirts and roads surrounding the townsfolk.
  • Arcane Chaos: This 4th level adventure follows a party dealing with a floating, flaming skull which has taken to nightly attacks of a small, remote village.
  • Dangerous Withholding: This 4th level adventure centers on a town who's food stores have been recently guarded by a creature who lets none near, keeping the folk from their hard earned goods and risking starvation for all.
  • Gloomy Visions: This 4th level adventure follows a party that receives a plea from a wealthy family to rid their home of an evil presence.
  • Soul Food: This 4th level adventure follows a town in dire need of help against a monstrosity of the night which feeds and grows on those it lures into the night.
  • Protection Detail: This 5th level adventure follows a party who's tasked with protecting a fearful elf who believes he's being stalked by something sinister.
  • Forbidden Secrets: This 5th level adventure centers on a plea for help from a group of scholars who's colleague is acting out of sorts.
  • Terrifying Remnant: This 5th level adventure centers on a town which believes that something sinister waits in the darkness to assault them on the next full moon.
  • Mental Trespass: This 5th level adventure follows a group of adventurers who attempt to free an arcane academy of a presilent presence.

418225.png

Bundles and Sales

Note: I have included end dates when listed for the following sales, but please be warned that those without published end dates may end suddenly so be sure to plan purchases accordingly.

Batts is hosting a big RPG sale on Itch.io featuring over 30 tabletop roleplaying games, supplements, random generators, zines, soundtracks, and more.
  • Price: 50% off individual prices or $50.00 for the entire collection (76% off)
  • End Date: December 31, 2022

Nightfall Games is wasting no time after taking over Hellboy: The Roleplay Game by offering a bundle to get you started. The bundle features the core rulebook, the Quickstart, the sourcebook B.P.R.D Field Manual, and the first adventure in The Korhonen Series campaign, Cannister Seven along with quickstarts for six of Nightfall’s other RPGs.
  • Price: $40.00 (19% off)

I always love seeing collections of sci-fi/cyberpunk/post-apocalyptic maps for VTTs because it can be difficult to find enough to satisfy the demands of Shadowrun, Cyberpunk RED, Fallout: The Roleplaying Game, ALIEN RPG, and others. CT Nihilo released a collection of 19 maps perfect for modern and near-future RPGs including a city junkyard, cyberpunk clinic, dark alley, alien caves, dive bar, hotel, post-apocalypstic rocky wastes, and more.
  • Price: 30.19 (40% off)

unnamed.jpg

Charity Bundles and Sales

Hey, this company seems familiar… EN Publishing has a bundle on Bundle of Holding for Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition! From the publishing arm of EN World, this bundle includes the three core rulebooks for Level UpAdventurer’s Guide, Trials & Treasures, and Monstrous Menagerie in PDF format along with the introductory adventure Memories of Holdenshire, the Narrator’s Screen, and the introductory issue of the official Level Up zine, Gate Pass Gazette #0.
  • Price: $24.95 (76% off)
  • End Date: December 6, 2022
  • Charity: Direct Relief (10%)

There’s also a nice mix of stuff on the Cornucopia 2022 bundle from Bundle of Holding. The Starter Collection features Wolves of God (a dark ages England RPG from the creator of Worlds Without Number), Jiangshi: Blood in the Banquet Hall (a game about Chinese immigrants running a family restaurant and fighting off hopping vampires), and Wanderhome (a pastoral game about animal travelers). The Bonus Collection adds on Hard Wire Island (retrofuture cyberpunk in space), Defiant RPG (supernatural aristocrats defending their Holdings), ARC Doom (stop the apocalypse that’s ticking ever closer on a real-world Doomsday Clock), and Viking Death Squad (the name kind of acts as a good description here).
  • Price: $17.95 (74% off) with variable-cost Level Up option
  • End Date: December 12, 2022
  • Charity: Diana Jones Award Emerging Designer Program (10%)

R. Talsorian Games and Humble Bundle have The Witcher RPG and More Bundle, and the “and More” title does a disservice to the amazing Castle Falkenstein. I assume The Witcher needs no introduction in 2022 as the bundle includes at the top-tier the core rulebook and the supplements A Book of Tales, A Witcher’s Journal, A Tome of Chaos, and Lords & Lands. However, this bundle also includes the masterpiece Castle Falkenstein combining fantasy elements, Victorian aesthetics, and ingenious industrial technology into a game that was steampunk almost before the term “steampunk” even existed.
  • Price: $1/$10$18 (90% off at top tier)
  • End Date: December 24, 2022
  • Charity: Starlight Children’s Foundation (user-defined, default 5%)

shadowrun-bundle.jpg

Okay…those who follow me on social media have already heard me talking about this bundle from Bundle of Holding, but Shadowrun 1e-2e Mega Bundle is literally where I started in tabletop roleplaying. I owned every one of these books and read and re-read them so many times that they almost fell apart (and actually did in the case of my Shadowrun 2nd Edition Core Rulebook). To me, the books included in this bundle are still the gold standard in game writing and worldbuilding for a roleplaying game setting. The bundle includes not just the core rulebooks and the supporting sourcebooks for Shadowrun 1st Edition but also classics like Universal Brotherhood, Harlequin, Corporate Shadowfiles, Shadowbeat, and more. The add-on expands the collection into Shadowrun 2nd Edition with all the core books plus sourcebooks still useful in Shadowrun to this day for history and worldbuilding such as Aztlan, Tir Tairngire, Portfolio of a Dragon: Dunkelzahn’s Secrets, Threats, and a lot more. And seriously, if anyone has any questions about any of the books in this bundle, feel free to ask me in the comments or on social media because I am always ready to talk about some of my favorite game books ever published and have read every one of these cover-to-cover multiple times.
  • Price: $19.95 (80% off) with variable-cost Level-Up option
  • End Date: December 22, 2022
  • Charity: Diana Jones Award Emerging Designer Program (10%)

Not only did I get to talk about Shadowrun earlier, but Humble Bundle has extended their Introduction BattleTech bundle for another two weeks! It really is a special holiday! This bundle features everything you need to play the tabletop wargame BattleTech along with its faster-play variant BattleTech Alpha Strike along with a library of lore sourcebooks invaluable to anyone playing the roleplaying game versions BattleTech: A Time of War or MechWarrior: Destiny. Not only that, but the top-tier pledge level includes the physical BattleTech Beginner Box with two plastic minis, cardboard tokens for other ‘Mechs and vehicles, a map, pilot cards, reusable record sheets, and more to jump right into the fight.
  • Price: $1/$10/$18/$30 (91% off at top tier)
  • End Date: December 17, 2022
  • Charity: Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society (user-defined, default 5%)

That’s all for this week! If you know of any bundles or sales starting soon, please contact me on the EN World Discord, tag me on Mastodon, or send me a message here on EN World. Discount percentages have been rounded to the nearest whole number and are based on the standard retail price provided by the site. Note: Links to Amazon, Humble Store, Humble Bundle, Fantasy Grounds, and/or DriveThruRPG may contain affiliate links with the proceeds going to the author of this column.

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

Flint Fireforge

First Post
Hey Darryl, thanks for all the great freebie tips. One thing, you may want to change Glenn Huston's description from "adventures" to adventure hooks or encounters. To call them adventures is a bit generous since there are no maps, stats, etc. I don't mind throwing $6 bucks to a creator (I bought them all) I just don't want anyone else to think they are getting full 20 page adventures. Thanks again!

Last edited:

jeffh

Adventurer
The pdf preview for the Witcher RPG is really messed up. None of the text is readable. I don't mean I don't like the font, I mean it's literally not readable - it comes out as garbled placeholder thingies instead of text.

Abstruse

Legend
The pdf preview for the Witcher RPG is really messed up. None of the text is readable. I don't mean I don't like the font, I mean it's literally not readable - it comes out as garbled placeholder thingies instead of text.
Showed up fine to me. Maybe it's a problem with your PDF reader?

Screenshot 2022-12-04 200542.png

jeffh

Adventurer
Huh. Well, in the one built into Firefox, whatever that may be, it's hot garbage. Or it's possible my download of it got corrupted somehow.

Abstruse

Legend
Huh. Well, in the one built into Firefox, whatever that may be, it's hot garbage. Or it's possible my download of it got corrupted somehow.
Yeah, I just tested it on my end. The screenshot's from Chrome, but when I went to Firefox it turned into a garbled mess. So whatever's happening is something between the PDF and Firefox.

Remove ads

Remove ads