RPG humor on xkcd

Shadowsmith

Explorer
Heh. That reminds me of a modern Call of Cthulhu game I ran long ago. The action was taking place at a gaming convention and the PCs were participating in a D&D game.

The Mi-Go had devised a way to tap into the mental energies of the players. Half of the game took place in the Dreamlands. It was to say the least, surreal. Only four of the players really understood what was going on. But they all had fun.

Oh, and more on topic, I love xkcd. Math geek humor rules! :)

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Shadowsmith said:
The action was taking place at a gaming convention and the PCs were participating in a D&D game.

Something I've wanted to try for a while is to have a text adventure game inside a roleplaying session. For some reason, the PCs have to play the game to achieve something.

I think it's mostly because I want to be able to say "I'm sorry, I don't understand the word 'door'. Can you rephrase it?" over and over again :)

-Hyp.

Masquerade

First Post
Shadowsmith said:
Oh, and more on topic, I love xkcd. Math geek humor rules! :)

Indeed, it does. ^_^

Non-readers may want to note that each strip has humorous alt-text. Hover your cursor above the image to see it.

Asmor

First Post
I've been reading xkcd for a few months now... It's quickly skyrocketed to one of my favorite web comics.

Pop culture + math + science + computers = t3h awesome

RFisher

Explorer
The thing I hate most about xkcd is that I know so few people I can consistently share enjoying it with.

Hypersmurf said:
Something I've wanted to try for a while is to have a text adventure game inside a roleplaying session. For some reason, the PCs have to play the game to achieve something.

I think it's mostly because I want to be able to say "I'm sorry, I don't understand the word 'door'. Can you rephrase it?" over and over again :)

Or "You're in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike."

Remove ads