Pathfinder 1E RPG.net ripping Pathfinder apart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aus_Snow

First Post
Personally, I think [-] and [+] threads are incredibly lame to begin with, and you'll note that they only apply to Pathfinder
Buh? :confused: Things must have changed radically in the last week or so then. I distinctly remember 4e+ and 4e-, heck, even Exalted- and Exalted+ (etc.) threads there. :hmm:

cangrejoide

First Post
Again, you're missing the issues. Personally, I think [-] and [+] threads are incredibly lame to begin with, and you'll note that they only apply to Pathfinder !

There are plenty [++] and [--] threads for al lot of games, not only Pathfinder, Pathfinder is just the flavor fo the month. heck the whole last year was a [++]&[--] D&D fest.

but if you're going to have them, you need to moderate You don't let [+] threads grow infused with trolls, only to slam down on anyone who speaks positively in a [-] thread.

I think they are moderated adequately, mods only jump in when people start PA or start comparing gay people to deviants(or worse). Moderation there is just a little more open.

Is there problems with Pathfinder? Sure! Are those problems "Paizo is made of evil faceless corporate douches who are scamming people out of their money?" That depends. Are you crazy?

Yes there are legitimate issues with Pathfinder. But conversation tends to be nuked when someone jumps in and accuses Paizo of of duping people with an illegal game.

It just someone's opinion. You ca find similar opinions ( and even worse ones, look above)) in any other thread. And for a thread thats marked [--] its not trolling, nor threadcapping. according to the rules.

Did you report those posts? Mods cant be anywhere, and are not infallible.

Toben the Many

First Post
All of this proves to me one sad thing - the divisiveness of the latest D&D Edition change. There are fans on both sides and they many of them (not all) viciously attack the "other" product while rabidly defending their own.

Of course, I'm sure this divisiveness doesn't manifest itself too much at the game table, since most groups have already decided what they are playing or not going to play. But when groups intermingle - like on the net - hm.

It's really too bad.

Obryn

Hero
I'd love it if RPG.net went into actual and intelligent discussion about Pathfinder and it's flaws...but it doesn't. They don't talk about how to improve Pathfinder. They don't talk about houserules or other things they could do to patch up problems with the system. Instead, they make conspiracy theories about how Pathfinder is illegal. Or how Paizo secretly hates WotC and wants to destroy it. Or bizarro personal attacks against the actual Paizo employees.
That's so insane! That's so similar to something I've seen with another game system whose name I can't recall... Wait, it's on the tip of my tongue! Just a second... ;)

Honestly - all I can say is, "You might need to get used to it." Crapping over a system with nothing constructive to say... Lack of intelligent criticisms... Stupid conspiracy theories about a company and its staff and its sales numbers and whether or not it's on the brink of failure... Well, as someone who plays and enjoys 4e, I've been getting used to exactly this for over a year! :)

But, as the saying goes, eye for an eye makes us blind. You don't respond to hate with more hate, that just makes both sides feel both victimized and justified in hating the other. A cruel - and stupid - downward spiral. One that's utterly pointless, and utterly unneccesary.
...So are you trying to say you're sorry, or only that it's not fair anymore?

-O

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Boy, am I unimpressed. Cross-board drama is utterly ridiculous. Here's a hint, guys - it's not actually us vs. them, no matter if you consider "us" to be your favorite board or your favorite game.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads