RPG Podcasts - What do you listen to?

OnlineDM

Adventurer
I wrote a blog post today in which I talked about the RPG podcasts I listen to (and a couple I've even been a guest on). Commenters on the post have started chiming in with other podcasts to check out, and I'm sure there are even more I'm not aware of.

So, I thought I'd bring the question to the EN World community: What RPG podcasts do you recommend?

The list from my post:
-Dungeon Masters Roundtable / 4 Geeks 4e
-The Tome Show
-Haste
-Enchanted Grounds / Goblin Gurus
-Dice Monkey Radio
-Dungeon Master Guys
-NewbieDM Minicast
-RPG Circus
-That's How We Roll
-This Just In From GenCon
-Critical Hits

And from the commenters so far:
-The Podgecast
-Brilliant Gameologists
-Theory from the Closet
-The Adventuring Party
-Actual People, Actual Play
-THACO
-3.5 Private sanctuary
-Know Direction
-Chronicles the Pathfinder Podcast
-The Gamer’s Guide to Pathfinder
-Critical Hit
-Fear the Boot
-Atomic Array
-The Walking Eye

beldar1215

Explorer
Here are the few I can think of:

Smiling Jack's Bar and Grill (Savage Worlds Podcast)
Wombat Cast (it is explicit)
Happy Jack's RPG Podcast (explicit)
Fear the Boot
The Dice Tower
Mysterious Universe (not gaming related but great)
D6 generation

Beldar1215
Rocky Mountain Savages

- Pathfinder Chronicles Podcast is the most slickly produced and professional I have listened to - Silver Ennie and all that. It is predominantly Pathfinder orientated so of little use to those who avoid that system. The best podcast in the biz for those who do though.

- The Jennisodes is as fascinating as it is funky. Indie games mixed in with pandas and puppies and just about everything in between. She has produced some of my favourite podcast episodes with some fascinating interviews sprinkled in.

- Reckless Dice are focused on the 3e Warhammer RPG and have done a brilliant job to open my eyes to a system I'm fascinated by but have struggled with. I like how they focus on the material at hand.

- Critical-Hits is also a favourite with a really useful bunch of topics covered that mostly hit (and mostly critical when they do).

- 3.5 Private Sanctuary/Know Direction are also good and particularly useful for their general episodes and in particular their excellent seminar coverage. I prefer the episodes with Ryan and Perram.

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

Wombat

First Post
Regularly? Absolutely nothing.

Individually? Darker Days has been my main one to listen to. Most podcasts, however, have simply been painful to listen to, not really well recorded, far too many inside jokes, often simply recorded poorly (mumbling, spiking the needle, etc.), or desperately in need of editing. I think that podcasts will, with a few more years, become slicker and easier to listen to, but currently the are often not worth the time or effort.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
Chronicles, The Pathfinder Podcast

It's pretty much the only RPG podcast that i listen to and look forward to. As much as I like Steel and Azmyth their personalities (at times) can be a little grating and I definitely disagree with some of the ways that they approach running games but that's neither here nor there. The energy and enthusiasm are apparent and they obviously enjoy what they do. They also give a huge bang for the buck (even though the Podcast is free to download) 3hour podcasts? YES. MORE PLEASE.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases