RPG Print News – Cubicle 7, Steamforged, and More

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, D&D 5E, Dungeon Crawl Classics, and Werewolf - The Apocalypse all have products out this week.

A lot of fantasy this week with a touch of werewolf. Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay gets a sea faring supplement full of sea going rules, ships, monsters, new careers, and more. Dungeons & Dragons 5E gets miniatures and connected encounters in box sets along with an entire new dark fantasy world with plenty of support including a monster book and a map. There are hand-books to support roughing it while outdoor fantasy adventuring and Dungeon Crawl Classics gets support with a refence booklet and dice. Finally, Werewolf - The Apocalypse is back for the Storytelling System Fifth Edition so you can get your howl on and it even has an optional dice bag.

Note: RPG Print News covers new RPG releases and some classics, reprints, and sales available from retailers. It does not cover products that are only available directly to customers only through Kickstarter or as print on demand.

153 sea of claws.JPG

Sea of Claws by Cubicle 7
  • SYSTEM: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Fourth Edition
  • PRODUCT TYPE: hardcover supplement
  • RETAIL PRICE: $39.99
  • DESCRIPTION: A guide to adventuring on the seas of the Old World. Sailors, explorers, pirates, and wreckers all rub their hands in thought of the wealth to be won, but while a life on the ocean waves can reap great rewards, the risks are greater still. Contains: a trip around the coast of the Sea of Claws, a guide to manning an ocean-going vessel, ship-to-ship combat, new approaches to trade, a bestiary of sea creatures from the diminutive Gymmcrab to the colossal Black Leviathan, the Seafarer Class – eight careers for those who live on the ocean or by the coast, rules for worthwhile endeavors, deadly encounters during long sea voyages, the Cult of Manann and the worship of Stromfels, and a variety of NPCs.
153 epic camp.JPG
153 epic manticore.JPG

Epic Encounters: Camp of the Bandit Twins | Epic Encounters: Cave of the Manticore by Steamforged Games
  • SYSTEM: Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition
  • PRODUCT TYPE: box sets including miniature(s)
  • RETAIL PRICE: $54.95/$49.99
  • DESCRIPTION: Camp of the Bandit Twins includes 18 preassembled miniatures, part of a bandit encounter. The Villon Twins are expert swordsmen, charismatic leaders, and vicious killers. The PCs must put a stop to them and their camp of larcenous rogues. Cave of the Manticore is home to a beast renowned for savagery and cruelty. The manticore might be willing to work with other creatures in order to indulge such appetites. This box set can either be used as the finale to Camp of the Bandit Twins or as a manticore cave encounter all on its own.
153 hand-book campfire.JPG
153 hand-book hunting.JPG

A Hand-Book for Overland Expeditions - Around the Campfire | A Hand-Book for Overland Expeditions - Hunting and Trapping by Fat Goblin Games
  • SYSTEM: fantasy RPGs
  • PRODUCT TYPE: softcover supplements
  • RETAIL PRICE: $14.95 each
  • DESCRIPTION: Downtime activity zines with the PCs facing the challenges and difficulties of sleeping in the rough and meeting other basic needs either by working together or dividing the workload among each other. A Hand-Book for Overland Expeditions: Around The Campfire focuses on setting up camp and keeping busy between adventuring. A Hand-Book for Overland Expeditions: Hunting and Trapping explores the challenges and difficulties of surviving in the wilderness and, more importantly, getting food.
153 dcc reference.JPG
153 dcc dice mighty.JPG
153 dcc dice motes.JPG

Dungeon Crawl Classics Reference Booklet | DCC Mighty Dice of Arms (14) | DCC Dice - Motes of Mercurial Magic (14) by Goodman Games
  • SYSTEM: Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG
  • PRODUCT TYPE: softcover booklet/sets of 14 dice
  • RETAIL PRICE: $9.99/$34.99 each
  • DESCRIPTION: The DCC Reference Booklet includes commonly used charts. Features new cover art by Doug Kovacs and interior illustrations by Stefan Poag. The DCC dice with all needed dice includes: d3, d4, d5, d6, d7, d8, d10, d12, d14, d16, d20, d24, and d30, plus a percentile d%. The Mighty Dice of Arms are dark smoke gray with gold numbers. The Motes of Mercurial Magic are a glittering multi-colored swirl of rose, green, ultramarine, and yellow with gold numbers.
153 werewolf.JPG
153 werewolf dice bag.JPG

Werewolf - The Apocalypse Fifth Edition | Werewolf - The Apocalypse Dice Bag by Renegade Games Studios
  • SYSTEM: Storyteller System Fifth Edition
  • PRODUCT TYPE: hardcover core rulebook/fabric dice bag with drawstring
  • RETAIL PRICE: $55/$15
  • DESCRIPTION: The PCs are a new generation of Garou, werewolves, who will confront the forces of destruction, avarice, and greed ravaging the earth-mother, Gaia. The Garou are warlike shapeshifters torn between rage and spirit, between wolf and man, and are champions of the earth-mother. With tooth and claw the Garou will wrest Gaia from the brink of death or follow her enemies to the grave. The Dice Bag features the Werewolf symbol and measures 6.25" x 8.5" when flat.
153 soulmist core.JPG
153 soulmist darklands.JPG
153 soulmist map.JPG
153 soulmist screen.JPG
153 soulmist dice.JPG

Soulmist Core Book | Darklands - A Dark Sourcebook for Soulmist | Soulmist - Map of Fyera | Soulmist GM Screen | Soulmist Dice Set by Black Lantern Productions
  • SYSTEM: Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition
  • PRODUCT TYPE: hardcover core rulebook/hardcover supplement/map/GM screen/dice
  • RETAIL PRICE: $49.99/$39.99/$14.99/$19.99/$14.99
  • DESCRIPTION: Soulmist: A Journey from Darkness to Light is a dark fantasy world. PCs lead the charge in the world of Fyera against the forces of the Dark Saints who hide in the shadows beyond the Darklands. The struggle is for the very soul spark of every living creature. Includes five new races each with a unique ability known as Fyera’s Gift such as the Lumen who can peer outside of their own timeline by sacrificing their own time, and the Primus are able to drink the blood of mortals to sustain their immortal and powerful bodies. Also has a new class called the scholar, new racial subclasses such as the pyromancer and the ashen berserker, new backgrounds, new feats, and three new rules systems to enhance the brooding and dark themes of Fyera. Darklands includes over 30 monsters. There are also the Ten Dark Saints, the main antagonists and villains in Soulmist, complete with their own backstory, motivations, and armies. Also has new rules such as the Nemesis system, which builds a more active and dramatic relationship between the party and the villains they face in their journeys. The Map of Fyera is a large matte map featuring the Lands of the Old Days, Penumbra, and the entry to Darklands. The Game Master’s Screen contains unique gaming rules as well as all unique rules to the setting. The Dice are a standard set of seven black dice with golden marks, featuring unique Soulmist designs.

Charles Dunwoody

Charles Dunwoody

crazy_cat

Adventurer
Sea of Claws isn't a new release - I've had my print copy, ordered from Leisure Games UK with Bits&Mortar PDF, since July.

Sea of Claws isn't a new release - I've had my print copy, ordered from Leisure Games UK with Bits&Mortar PDF, since July.

Good, hope you enjoy it. What is your favorite part of this latest release for Warhammer? Maybe the ships? Or is it a new career? A monster? Or something else? So much great new content for the RPG.

Retreater

Legend
My wife and her friends are self-professed "dice goblins," and they retch when they see the DCC d7. I laugh at them and put it out to troll them from time to time.

TheAlkaizer

Game Designer
Is it me or Cubicle 7 are incredibly productive with Warhammer Fantasy? Whenever I see a new book on the table of my FLGS there seems to be another one being Crowdfunded.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Is it me or Cubicle 7 are incredibly productive with Warhammer Fantasy? Whenever I see a new book on the table of my FLGS there seems to be another one being Crowdfunded.
A lot of Warhammer stuff has been published before for Warhammer Battles, White Dwarf and older rules and a good bit of the work is just bringing it up to date.

Remove ads

Remove ads