RPG Supply Rental Business?

pogre

Legend
Agreed. If you have any feedback or anything in particular you'd like to see, I'd love to hear it :)
Unusual terrain that is painted would be a draw for me. A chance to rent a massive ziggurat or series of tree houses and platforms - I might go for that. Another thought I had is creating a complete set of terrain and painted monsters and NPCs for an adventure path.

A couple of years ago I was tempted to sell a guy all of the terrain and monsters from my Dungeon of the Mad Mage campaign. He wanted to run it for his group - I just couldn't let go of the stuff. If he offered to rent it I might have gone for that.

Shipping might be too much of a killer though.

Teo Twawki

Coffee ruminator
Loss of various components from a rented game would quickly make it ineffective for renting to the next person. First a single die goes missing. Or a player handout. Or a crucially important map. Or a page torn out of a book. Replacement plans would have to be considered.

I worked at a university library that tried this. The service didn't last a full semester.

It is a great idea that would face cost-effective problems due to loss, damage, and theft.

Remove ads