• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

rpg tatoos?

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
I want to get a full body tat of me only taller, thinner and better looking.

I have no tatoos, only a long hidious scar from my open heart surgery down the middle of my chest.

alsih2o

First Post
Dagger75 said:
I want to get a full body tat of me only taller, thinner and better looking.

I have no tatoos, only a long hidious scar from my open heart surgery down the middle of my chest.

eh, tell folks it is a decorative scar, and you are into abstract art!

Quickbeam

Explorer
alsih2o said:

cool story!

Thanks. This is still one of our favorite stories to share with new friends and other couples. Not quite your typical tale of romance, but I'm not arguing with the results ;)!!

ForceUser:
Tattoos aren't the only things that look bad when you're eighty :p.

Aristotle

First Post
I have a Mage: The Ascension tat. I have the Cult of Ecstasy symbol done in black on my upper left arm. It could use some touching up, actually. I'd also love to put a "thorny" tribal design behind it in purple... maybe when I get some extra cash. ...why that symbol? Those who know me, know that it just fits.

Gee, my first post and it's a hijack...well sort of.

I'm considering getting a tatoo, and have a few questions for those of you who've already been inked. I'm wondering how much weight lifting affects a tatoo. I'm planning on bulking up a little in the future, and am a bit worried that a tatoo on my bicep/shoulder might get distorted or stretched.

Second, I'd appreciate any suggestions/advice on getting a tatoo. Given the relative permanence, I'd like to make sure it's done right the first time.

Uh and so this isn't a total hijack, it'll definetly have fantasy overtones, I'm thinking maybe my clan crest, which contains a wolf holding a spear (or arrow, depending on which variation you look at).

EternalNewbie
- Some things *are* forever

alsih2o

First Post
EternalNewbie said:

Second, I'd appreciate any suggestions/advice on getting a tatoo. Given the relative permanence, I'd like to make sure it's done right the first time.

go to folks with cool tats, ask them where they got them

check for sterilization procedures

talk to the artist, you don't want to spend those hours listening to some neo-nazi ramble on about dogfighting(or maybe you do?)

love the image, photocopy it and live with it everywhere(office, car, kitchen table) for a while, this will clear up the desire

choose where carefully, joints and wear points don't hold ink well

get somehting original, nothing sucks more than seeing your tat on someone else...the exception here is getting an icon 'too(pooh, mickey, cat in the hat)

ask the bbb about the parlor

take exacting care of it in the first 2 weeks....don't get that ink and go to the beaxch immediately, or think a full back piece won't spoil you appalachian trail hike, it will

NOONES NAME!!!!!

good luck!:p

Olive

Explorer
as some one with four tattoos (non-rg related) i gotta remind you of this force user...

tattoo ink and equipment is about a million times better today than it was in WWII. SO if you don't want a tattoo, don't get one, but it on't end up looking like your grand dad's.

also as a kinda flabby (but not hairy) guy, i never take my shirt off. but i like my tattoos, and thats the only person i care about liking them... well my girlfriend as well, but she has more tattoos than i do, and likes all of mine.

but make sure any tattoos you get you take immaculate care of, and make sure you go to someone really really good. really really really good. they will cost more, but you will be happier...

Teflon Billy

Explorer
I have a lot of tattoos, but only one is RPG related.

It's basically a much, much more impressive reworking of the Stained Glass window in Steve Jackson Games' In Nomine...the one where the Angel and the Devil are battling and the Angel has a Flaming Sword and the Devil has a machine gun.

The piece in the book isn't that great, but my tattoo artist (and ex-girlfriend) did a phenomenal job (IMO) on the "re-imagining" of it:)

it's on my left arm and goes from my elbow to the ball of my shoulder. It took 18 hours. It hurt like hell.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads