[RPGA] Organized Play Support for Dark Sun

We are definitely planning on support in Organized Play for Dark Sun. What that support entails right now is currently in the planning stages. Nothing is off the table at the moment. Over the course of the next few months, we will be solidifying our support plans.

Personally, I love the Dark Sun setting and I'm very excited to be a part of its rollout for 4th Edition. It was always one of my favorite 2nd Edition settings (along with Ravenloft), and I have many fond memories of my Athasian adventures when I was in college.

Thaumaturge

Wandering. Not lost. (He/they)
We are definitely planning on support in Organized Play for Dark Sun. What that support entails right now is currently in the planning stages. Nothing is off the table at the moment. Over the course of the next few months, we will be solidifying our support plans.

Personally, I love the Dark Sun setting and I'm very excited to be a part of its rollout for 4th Edition. It was always one of my favorite 2nd Edition settings (along with Ravenloft), and I have many fond memories of my Athasian adventures when I was in college.

Chris, thank you for posting! Count this as +1 support for some form of living campaign.

I would like to help organize or.. anything...if you're ever in a position to look for volunteers. :)

Thaumaturge.

Deverash

First Post
Chris, thank you for posting! Count this as +1 support for some form of living campaign.

I would like to help organize or.. anything...if you're ever in a position to look for volunteers. :)

Thaumaturge.

Even it's not a Living Campaign, something like Green Regent/Mark of X would be awesome, and might be easier on your resources.

TylerDurden

Explorer
How about supporting Eberron

Why not have adventures (similar to LFR or the old Xendrik stuff) in the Eberron Campaign?

Those books have been released and so far not one LFR quest! Can't you refresh the older stuff for 4e at least. Give Eberron fans something to run in RPGA.

MarkB

Legend
Why not have adventures (similar to LFR or the old Xendrik stuff) in the Eberron Campaign?

Those books have been released and so far not one LFR quest! Can't you refresh the older stuff for 4e at least. Give Eberron fans something to run in RPGA.

Seconded. If a second Living setting is to be supported by the RPGA, I'd far rather it be Eberron than Dark Sun.

Thaumaturge

Wandering. Not lost. (He/they)
Seconded. If a second Living setting is to be supported by the RPGA, I'd far rather it be Eberron than Dark Sun.

I'm sure the RPGA is aware many people think that way. However, they can't support every setting with a living campaign. It wouldn't work, and I don't think the player base could in anyway support that. That means they have to make choices. They will have to make choices that cannot please everyone, and I don't envy the people, like Chris, who have to make those choices.

I hope they don't think that since they won't be able to please everyone, they'll just stick with LFR and no second campaign.

I enjoy Eberron and would play in an Eberron living campaign. But any sort of organized Dark Sun experience would be new and exciting in ways that another Eberron story arc wouldn't be.

Thaumaturge.

Emryys

Explorer

Thanks for posting :)

About organized support for the settings...

The Delve format that was mentioned in the RPGA forums at WOTC that "refreshed" every quarter seemed like a winner. It could also switch between settings. Q1 has a Heroic story arc for Eberron, then Q2 has a story arc for Dark Sun. Down the road the arcs could be published in book format having been "play tested" by RPGA players :)

Jhaelen

First Post
Well, the RPGA opened up a lot recently which is why I finally decided to join (well, that and the Village of Homlett reward ;)). I decided to convert the RPGA adventures to Eberron for my home group. It's not really a big deal, imho. I understand it might be more difficult for convention play.

Anyway, now that you're even able to write your own adventures with very few restrictions I don't think it would require a lot of official support to get a Living Eberron or Living Darksun campaign started.

Remove ads