• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RPGs ?!?

Stilts

First Post
I know that I have been pretty busy here lately and had missed the last few games at the end of the year, but I've not heard about a game in quite some time. Finally things are slowing down a bit now and I would really like to get back to Conan or Inzeladun or there was mention before of trying out Solomon Kane (which I thought sounded quite interesting). I've only heard from three of the group here lately and have been wondering what was going on. Did something happen I am not aware of? Are we going to get things going again? Is our "break for the holidays" being extended for some reason? Are we on a "GM break"? I'm kind of in the dark here.

I really enjoy Vince's games and quite frankly miss playing in them! I hope we can get them started again!

thormagni

Explorer
Odovacar's Ghost said:
I've been getting my fix with WoW. :)

My brother talked me into doing the 10-day trial for WOW. I thought it was OK, but I don't see myself paying for it. Just not my cup of tea.

Odovacar's Ghost

First Post
I thought the same thing, when the beta was out.

When TBC came out, is when I started. I've been playing for over a year, and my main character is only level 63. Which is sad compared to the ones with no life outside of wow.

InzeladunMaster

First Post
Stilts said:
I know that I have been pretty busy here lately and had missed the last few games at the end of the year, but I've not heard about a game in quite some time. Are we on a "GM break"? I'm kind of in the dark here.

It got to be too frustrating trying to get a consistent group of people to show up on time, and it really killed my enthusiasm, so I just gave up. Without enthusiasm, the whole thing became work instead of fun. It got to the point where I dreaded game-weekend instead of looking forward to it, and I looked for excuses to call it off. Once I realized that, it was better for me to just take an extended break.

Should my enthusiasm take an upward swing, I will see if some sort of consistency can be maintained. I just need an idea that excites me - and everyone else.

Right now I am very much enjoying Wings of War, a neat little airplane game (not sure if it is a board game, card game, or what). I usually fly Manfred von Richtofen's Fokker Dr. I triplane. Mark and I make up a hard-to-beat team (technically undefeated so far - there was one draw).

For those playing Wings of War with me: On Sunday I flew Hermann Göring's Fokker D. VII against Victor's Breguet BR 14 B2 (two guns), Mikayla's Sopwith Camel, and Perry's SPAD XIII and blew them away. The Fokker D. VII (L Manuevers) has to be one of the best planes ever. It is faster than the Fokker D. I, and can make sharp turns in both directions. I put in a pre-order for the the mini.

Last edited:

thormagni

Explorer
InzeladunMaster said:
Should my enthusiasm take an upward swing, I will see if some sort of consistency can be maintained. I just need an idea that excites me - and everyone else.

You need your mojo back! Maybe we can find an epic mojo quest. Yeah, baby...

Grimhelm

First Post
For me, role playing is a dead occupation. I feel as though I have lived through or told all the stories there are to tell in that framework. In my older age I just have no desire to play out the duel between good and evil. I have no interest in discovering mysteries within a make believe world. I have plenty of diversions and wondrous things to do in my real life! One of which is play other games! Somehow, there is a challenge about board games and their ilk that I do not find anymore in role playing games. I enjoy testing myself in this way, pushing myself to improve.

Strangely, I think if I were to ever role play again it would be with young children. Even then, I doubt it would appeal to me. It is a game of youth. It is a game intimately involved with the symbolic and magical struggles of being young. Leave it to the kiddies, says I! ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads