• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RPGXplorer - GM Tools at GenCon Indy '07

Anurien

First Post
PRESS RELEASE - RPGXplorer
Aberdeen Science and Technology Park, Scotland, UK - Friday 10th August 2007

RPGXplorer is proud to announce that it will be demonstrating its RPGXplorer
- GM Tools software at GenCon Indy '07.

Scheduled for release later this year, RPGXplorer - GM Tools (or GMX for short) is a revolutionary step towards the hybrid digital tabletop gaming experience.

In the first release for the 3.5 Edition of the world's most popular RPG
(OGL)* we will be focusing on providing the GM with everything he needs to organise and run his game from visualising the campaign world (with drilldown to individual cities, buildings and of course Dungeons!) to organising player characters, monsters, NPCs, treasure, combat and much, much more...

...and wait till you see the computer game style dungeon dressing! No more memorising floorplans! If the chest is trapped it glows RED! If it's locked it shows a Locked icon! If it's Trapped AND Locked....you get the picture.

Also designed with publishers in mind, we can take print adventures, campaigns, campaign worlds or standalone content in PDF or similar form and make them interactive in spectacularly short timeframes.

If you are a publisher, distributor or retailer please drop by our booth** or contact us at business@rpgxplorer.com, we'd love to meet you and explain where we're at, where we're going and what we can do for you.

If you are a gamer/GM we'll be running regular demonstrations and would love to hear player and GM input alike. We'll also be selling boxed copies of RPGXplorer - Characters & Rules 1.7, our character generator and rules software for 3.5 Edition (OGL) with a special show discount!

Don't believe the Hype! Drop by our booth** at GenCon and we'll show you!

If you can't wait that long, check out the screenshots at www.rpgxplorer.com

See you there!

Howard Pierce
CEO RPGXplorer

* - Support for other d20-based systems is straightforward. Support for non-d20 systems considered.
** - Booth #2544 (to the left and rear of the Wizards of the Coast booth as you face it). Due to flights we won't be setup until the Thursday morning.

Dire Bare

Legend
This seems pretty exciting!

I've used RPGXplorer in the past and was impressed, but ultimately dropped it as it did not have all the features I needed.

So, with the release of GM Tools, will your program support all elements of the SRD?

- Building monsters from scratch?
- Psionics?
- Epic Rules?

If so, I think RPGXplorer might be the first to really do so.

Nyarlathotep

Explorer
Dire Bare said:
This seems pretty exciting!

I've used RPGXplorer in the past and was impressed, but ultimately dropped it as it did not have all the features I needed.

So, with the release of GM Tools, will your program support all elements of the SRD?

- Building monsters from scratch?
- Psionics?
- Epic Rules?

If so, I think RPGXplorer might be the first to really do so.

From what I've seen over on the boards at RPGXplorer the first and the last items are still under construction, but psionics was included in v1.6.

It is all about the datasets...

It sounds great---but realistically, without access to WoTC datasets, I will pass. I would love it if WoTC stopped being sooo stupid about this and allowed licensing. I could also wish to buy a winning mega-millions ticket... or powerball... (I ain't too picky in those regards...)

Ravenknight

First Post
iwarrior-poet said:
It sounds great---but realistically, without access to WoTC datasets, I will pass. I would love it if WoTC stopped being sooo stupid about this and allowed licensing. I could also wish to buy a winning mega-millions ticket... or powerball... (I ain't too picky in those regards...)

My feelings exactly. The quality of the software is of no matter if I can´t use datasets from other WOTC materials then the core books.

Anurien

First Post
So much for "Instant Reply Notification"....I didn't get any....

I'll be explaining and showing more functionality from GM Tools over the coming weeks....I've answered your questions here.

Register on our forums while you're there any you'll receive our newsletter.

While there are no official datasets for RPGXplorer....we are I think the only product on the market that doesn't require varying degrees of expertise in scripting languages to input your own data.

We provide extensive rules support and everything has it's own standard Windows UI for inputting data in a consistent way.

We also have a vibrant user community who'll only be 2 happy to help with slightly trickier data input tasks....check out our Dataset Forums

Remove ads