• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

rumours, fact or fiction?

Stevenrs

First Post
Hi. I'm hoping to start up a new campaign soon, and I'd like to send out some information to my players - rumours, false and true, facts, speculation. I'd like to send each player a few paragraphs to represent what their character knows about the region they're travelling to, the real purpose behind their quest, the people who are sending them, and the like.

If anyone knows of any sites with samples of this sort of thing, I'd appreciate seeing some links. Thanks very much.

EDIT: wow. In the year and a half that I've been here, I've only posted five times. You can just call me the strong, silent type.

Last edited:

Darklone

Hmm. All I remember right now is Geanavue... with the Rumourquest system... but the rumours are pretty specific.

Otherwise check the good old Wizards Amulet/Crucible of Freya thingy... with the free supplements on the www.necromancergames.com page.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
News papers are a great place to pick up little things in your game. Just take a headline and apply it to your game; such as bad flu season, every one Nerull is the cause and his cult is speading it.

alsih2o

First Post
remember to let different levels of info thru for different dc's.

any idot can find out X is a big town, a little better and you find it is big, but halflings are disappearing, a little better and you find Y is taking the halfings, a little better and you get the stew recipe Y is using on the halflings.

that kind of thing.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
alsih2o said:
remember to let different levels of info thru for different dc's.

any idot can find out X is a big town, a little better and you find it is big, but halflings are disappearing, a little better and you find Y is taking the halfings, a little better and you get the stew recipe Y is using on the halflings.

that kind of thing.

I'd suggest additionally that you never send a false rumor to a person with a decent gather info. One DM on this board recomended lying to PCs even with high or successful g.i. or knowlege checks, but you might as well tell the party caster that he's been studying a fake spellbook all these years while his prankster teacher creates the effects for him... :rolleyes:

Kahuna Burger

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads