D&D 4E Running Commentary on Rel's 4e Campaign (Complete 8/2/10)

Talltree

First Post
One thing to add...

In the confusion right after the explosion that was the end of Ryukar, Mialain used her Twilight Stealth (new paragon power) to turn invisible, grab the Nexus and keep it away from the Beseiger until he could be dispatched.

Robtheman

First Post
Rel,

Thank you for putting so much time into this thread. Being a new GM but long time player myself, I've learned a lot from your story telling. The most significant take-away for me is to give players the tools to be amazing and trust that they won't disappoint.

Of course I am also using the "stunt" card introduced by you and PCat. They seem to add the little bit of extra grease they need to get out of tight spots. Also, using the stunt cards great role playing into every single encounter. I call them "Awesome Cards." It's interesting to see everyone perk up when a player says "Okay, I'm going to do something awesome."

It is an encounter power and costs a healing surge at my table it gets invoked on a regular basis. What I really enjoy is seeing the newer players begin to think about how their powers work at a more fundamental level when they pull a stunt.

Finally, your philosophy on magic in the world suits me as well.

Just an aside - I don't know if you have time to read much but 100 Years of Solitude might suit your tastes. Marquez' writing at that point has been termed Mystical Realism.

Thanks for the fun and enjoy GenCon.

Last edited:

Remove ads