Pathfinder 2E Running ghosts in PF2

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Gamer, I'm sure your products are great, but my understanding is all links to such products, and self-promotion in general, should be restricted to the "Promotions/Press" forum.
Just saying.

This said, I agree completely with the notion that ghosts should typically arise from tragic stories. In this case, the tragedy was that the ghost was betrayed by a guy he thought was his ally. The tiny niggling detail that his ally was a priest of Norgerber, the god of murder, greed and secrets in the Pathfinder Golarion setting should have made him think twice about such an alliance, but, hey, what do you want from evil dudes?
If I were promoting, sure I'd do that, but when I post and a question is somehow related to a product, I link the product for bibliography sake, I'm not trying to sell, rather clarify the claim. I mean, why woukd I think you'd even want it, it's PF1 ?

Dragonsbane

Proud Grognard
You should check out Abomination Vaults. It is full of strange ghosts and spirits with unique powers, as well as ghostly hazards.

Philip Benz

A Dragontooth Grognard
Yeah, I've been trying to avoid reading Abomination Vaults, in hopes one of my players will run it.

Last week we ended up having a long lead-up to the ghost encounter, and only got up to the part where the ghost was bitching and moaning about how unjust it had been to get nailed to the wall by the priest of Norgorber who was his ally, while every 7-8 lines he cast another self-buff spell. The players were so entranced by the information he was leaking, that they let the ghost continue right up to casting a wall of fire, when we had to call the session due to time.

This week, two players had work obligations, so we had to delay the session another week. I'll post again once the ghost encounter has run its course. But here's what I expect to happen: most rounds, the ghost will cast a 2-action spell, then use its "Fade" power to go invisible, and Stride (thanks to Quickened), making it harder to target. The PCs are going to be playing hide and seek with it. As long as the ghost can get off 4-5 cool spells before being destroyed, I'll be quite happy with myself.

Remove ads