• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Running groups with more than one Druid

Aus_Snow

First Post
OK. Any advice from other DM's about running groups with more than one Druid. . . as in *mostly* frickin' Druids and Druid multiclass things?

Anything to watch out for, to remember, to keep in mind?

Rystil Arden

First Post
Advice #1: If one of them has levels in Bard, do not allow Music of Growth from the Eberron Campaign setting or your game (keeping Ashbound out is probably a good idea too) may descend into an abyss of animals with +10 to Strength and Con and an additional +3 luck bonus to hit (+ Inspire Courage bonuses of course :uhoh: )

Aikuchi

Transient
Some of the games where most of the players choose a greater number of a specific, I had to customize an even moer specific NPC's adventures and villains. You can play greatly to their strength as a shapeshifter group but just as powerfully adopt a nature based campaign where the druids consider sacred. Unless one of them goes rogue (I mean blighter - not the rogue class :p), then the rest of the party have to pass judgement on him :( COuld be fun.

I had an all rogue party once.
There were all pretty paranoid of each other by the end of the 1st session.

Watch out for druids with Natural Spell and a lot of animal-enhancing spells prepped. Since Wild Shape is based on Polymorph, and polynmorph changes your type to that of the form assumed, a druid wild shaped into a dire wolf can cast animal growth on himself (and perhaps every druid in the party, sicne it effects multiple targets).

That's a two-way street of course. Hold animal works on them in animal form, too.

Owen K.C. Stephens
d20 Triggerman

Remove ads