D&D 4E Running player commentary on PCat's 4E Campaign - Heroic tier (finished)

Sagiro

Rodent of Uncertain Parentage
A few more stats, because I can't stop myself:

I think this is unusual (though I lack the experience to be sure), but the party has a higher average Ref defense than AC defense.

Average AC: 15.4 (Toiva 18, Logan 16, Cobalt 16, Elijah 14, Stron 13)
Average Fort: 14.4 (Elijah 16, Logan 15, Cobalt 15, Toiva 14, Stron 12)
Average Ref: 15.6 (Logan 18, Cobalt 18, Elijah 15, Stron 14, Toiva 13)
Average Will: 14.2 (Toiva 17, Stron 15, Elijah 14, Cobalt 13, Logan 12)

I guess that's not too surprising, given that 2 of the 5 PC's are rogues.

Toiva and Cobalt have the highest total defense sum: 62 points
Logan's total: 61 points
Elijah's total: 59 points
Strontium's total: 54 points

(All of the above are counting Strontium's +1 neck slot item, which he doesn't actually have yet, but will have very soon.)

Other stats:

INIT:
Cobalt +8
Logan +4
Elijah +2
Strontium +2
Toiva +0

Max HP:
Elijah: 28
Logan: 28
Toiva: 27
Cobalt: 24
Strontium: 23

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
I don't actually think anything is missing. The Character Sheet I am using hides a couple of the bonuses and so it looks like they are not included. However, I am pretty sure that if you check the final numbers, the bonuses have been included in the final sums.

I will likely try to fix this at some point when I have some time.

Cris

PS: If you still think I am wrong, please say so.

Hi Cris,

You're right about the Bluff secretly including the +2 racial, and the Will defence secretly applies the +1 racial and the +1 cloak pin.

Sorry about the false alarm!

Cheers

Aravis

First Post
So did you do 4d6 drop lowest for abilities?

No, we did a point buy with 32 points. Actually, we all got an extra point for coming up with Deities for Piratecat.

Sagiro had a strong preference for point buy, especially after we were goofing around and he failed to get better than a 15 on something like 20 d6 pick best 3.

Sagiro

Rodent of Uncertain Parentage
No, we did a point buy with 32 points. Actually, we all got an extra point for coming up with Deities for Piratecat.

Sagiro had a strong preference for point buy, especially after we were goofing around and he failed to get better than a 15 on something like 20 d6 pick best 3.

I think it was 22 points (whatever the standard PH point-buy number is), bumped to 23 for inventing Deities, as Aravis says.

Piratecat has a die-rolling app for his iPhone, and we were goofing around rolling some huge amount of d6's. I think it was more than 20 -- it was a number that made it nearly inconceivable that a set wouldn't include at least 3 "6's". I picked it up, rolled, and didn't get a single 6. Yay point buy!

The new 22 points is like the old 32 points (because 5 of your abilities start at 10 instead of 8), but it's also different because the cost to increase scores above 13 is different.

Confused yet?

Blackjack

First Post
Actually, we all got an extra point for coming up with Deities for Piratecat.
To elaborate: Piratecat started his new world with an undesigned pantheon, and then offered us (and the players in his other, forthcoming campaign) an extra point in our character build if we designed a deity. Some of us made up our PCs' patron god, while others just filled in unoccupied "portfolios". I really enjoyed this, not just for the free point -- it got us all invested in the world-building!

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
To elaborate: Piratecat started his new world with an undesigned pantheon, and then offered us (and the players in his other, forthcoming campaign) an extra point in our character build if we designed a deity. Some of us made up our PCs' patron god, while others just filled in unoccupied "portfolios". I really enjoyed this, not just for the free point -- it got us all invested in the world-building!

Piratecat also gave me an extra point for Soss, Khagz, and Zha.

I just need to figure out what to do with the damned thing.

-Hyp.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases