Pathfinder 1E Sacred Geometry - Ladies and gentlemen, Pathfinder has jumped the shark

Pathfinder jumped the shark long ago... but the inclusion of one bad feat had nothing to do with it. There were bad feats at launch. There were bad feats at launch in 3.0. You just either didn't take them as a PC, or banned them as GM. Big deal.

Ezequielramone

Explorer
I really think the feat is awesome. people complains about feats or options that don't fit them. they forget that they are not the only ones in the world. A bad feat for a pc could be a great feat for an npc, even if it only ads flavor.
as an engineer I believe the feat is excellent and I'll probably use it. I admit you have to work with your gm in order to not steal time.

Sartome

Villager
Hyper necro here. It's a super solved game as well(Sacred Geometry that is). As long as you have enough d6s it is impossible to have a combination of numbers that can't solve it.

Sacred Geometry kn: engineering rank minimums for guaranteed success.

effective spell level : engineer rank
1st : 3rd
2nd : 8th
3rd : 9th
4th : 11th
5th : 12th
6th : 13th
7th : 13th
8th : 14th
9th : 15th
On a side note, don't trust the online calculators, they give false negatives frequently.

Blue Orange

Gone to Texas
I think this is a fun, flavorful feat in the right setting. If you've got a bunch of math nerds in your group (not unlikely, though less likely than it once was) they might have fun combining math and D&D.

Otherwise, I agree, it's going to slow things down and be annoying.

The occult used to be full of systematic calculations, particularly back before magic and science were separated--look at gematria/isopsephy for instance.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
The occult used to be full of systematic calculations, particularly back before magic and science were separated--look at gematria/isopsephy for instance.

I cant remember what the game was, but there is at least one RPG where amongst the heretical Forbidden Arts is listed "Advanced Mathematics"

Remove ads