Sailing Ship Scales

garrowolf

First Post
I'm still working on my sailing ship rules for Nexus d20. One of the things that I want to include is an image of different ships of different scales. Kind of like the scale comparisons in the basic rules of most games but of ships instead of creatures. This way players and GMs will have a sense of scale for these things.

Anyone seen anything like that?

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
I'm still working on my sailing ship rules for Nexus d20. One of the things that I want to include is an image of different ships of different scales. Kind of like the scale comparisons in the basic rules of most games but of ships instead of creatures. This way players and GMs will have a sense of scale for these things.

Anyone seen anything like that?

Stormwrack, D&D 3rd ed, has a table of each ship in the book, and the ship's complement (which includes passengers). It's not a visual comparison of scale (nor likely to be very accurate), but it's better than nothing.

Ketherian

Explorer
Columbia games Pilot's Almanac has what you're looking for.
A brief web search shows that the supplement is currently out of print. Typically old issues can be found on ebay for a reasonable price.

I'm not sure - does anyone remember if Castles & Crusades has a supplement with this information?

Remove ads