• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Sample adventure to test 5E in high level (15th) play. Any takers?

Im making a coffee; If I dont hear from them soon, I'll roll initiative for them both.

We might be able to get a few turns in before them (as long as I dont roll well for either!).

Just in time!

I rolled a 12 for the Fighter (so 17 - I presume the Fighter doesn't want to spend a Superiority die on Ambush seeing as you all have a round to spare anyway)

Initiative Order:

Sorcerer 23
Bard 20
Amaz the Gish 19
Rogue 17
Fighter 17 (he can go after the Rogue so we can get an extra turn in, normally I'd have you two roll off).
Cleric 16
Githyanki 8

I'll leave the Dragon, his rider, and the crew out of it for now; we can assume the latter are dealing with spare Githyanki behind the scenes, and we can deal with them narratively.

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
Ready Action: Emboldening Bond after a few seconds, giving the party one round to get within 30 feet of him. If any party member does not get within range, I'll use it on the next best person (Mr. Christian > Grogbeard > etc)).
So, just to be clear, this will happen after I take my turn? Also, we've established that Ellina is talking to Mr. Christian, so if he's in range, she should be too.

"I assume these people aren't here to have any form of Parley?"

On her turn, Galvich is going to exclaim as loudly as she can "We are assuming hostile intentions if you approach any closer without disarming yourselves! State your intentions!"
They raise a skull and crossbones.

if they respond with hostile intentions or appear to want to continue moving, I will cast Empowered Fireball at the small ship with my Staff of Magi (7th-level).
That's what you're doing then!
Galvich twirls her staff while fire spews from it like a spinning torch. She points it at her targets and a bead of incredible magical power launches out before erupting in an explosion of roaring orange flames....
...detonates against an invisible barrier of Force that seems to be enclosing the upper deck of the ship!

The Githyanki seem unfazed.

If you want to do anything with your bonus action let me know before your next turn.

Otherwise, its the Bard.

Mort

Legend
Supporter
Bartholomew:
Bonus action: Bardic inspiration to the fighter: add 1d12 to any ability check, attack roll or saving throw. Inspiration is unfailing so if the check fails you DO NOT lose the inspiration.

It looks like even the rapidly approaching ship is over 120' away? So, I'll prepare this round:

Mirror image on myself.

I've marked off the inspiration and spell slot.

Edit: If I am not already I would like to make sure I'm within 10' of Alvin (the Paladin)

Last edited:

Bartholomew:
Bonus action: Bardic inspiration to the fighter: add 1d12 to any ability check, attack roll or saving throw. Inspiration is unfailing so if the check fails you DO NOT lose the inspiration.

It looks like even the rapidly approaching ship is over 120' away? So, I'll prepare this round:

Mirror image on myself.

I've marked off the inspiration and spell slot.

Edit: If I am not already I would like to make sure I'm within 10' of Alvin (the Paladin)

Done, done and done.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads