SANDMAN: Map of Halaal--Goblinoid Games now publishing

Goblinoid Games

First Post

For sale at RPGnow!

This time you can't win $10,000...

...but you can try regardless to solve the secret of the Sandman!

After over 25 years, Sandman: Map of Halaal is back! Goblinoid Games has purchased the rights to Sandman, reuniting it with its sibling TIMEMASTER and new kid on the block ROTWORLD. The Pacesetter SystemTM family of games continues to grow.

Widely viewed as a psychedelic, dreamy ride, Sandman: Map of Halaal was one of the tragedies of Pacesetter Ltd.'s demise. Sandman only saw the completion of what would have been the first in an Instant AdventureTM series.

Sandman uses a "lite" version of the Pacesetter SystemTM, which is easy to learn and quick in play, both of which are essential to the more story-driven adventures in the original Sandman boxed set.

For the first time ever, the original Sandman boxed set is now available in electronic format. We are currently investigating options for putting it in print. Whether future expansions are published depends entirely on audience demand. Show us you love Sandman and we'll make it happen!

We have a very limited number of original boxed sets for sale, still in original shrink wrap. (US $20 plus shipping) If interested, email goblinoidgames "at" yahoo "dot" com--orders will be filled on a first come, first served basis.

Looking for more Pacesetter SystemTM games? Michael Curtis has just finished writing and playtesting an all new game using this system. It will be opened for additional playtesting very soon to members of the Labyrinth Lord Society!

From the back of the box:

The train whistle screams, and your passenger-car plunges into another tunnel. Six shots snap in the darkness. When sunlight floods the compartment once more, a man lies bleeding on the floor. He whispers a warning, then mysteriously fades away. Who was he? Why was he murdered? And, most importantly, who are you?

THE SANDMAN

He knows your name.
You don't.

He knows where you are.
You don't.

He knows what you have done, and why you must die.
You don't.

To survive, you must journey through a tempestuous world in search of the answers to a question as tenuous as your own existence. You play the role of an amnesiac traveler, lost in a world beyond the natural. The rules are brief, preparation easy, and the story rich.
The SANDMAN is watching....Why don't you face him?

Goblinoid Games

First Post
Will you be publishing the rumored sequels? Or are you just offering the same cliffhanger?

That's yet to be determined. I do know the "secret of the Sandman," and I do know the outline for how the rest of the adventures where supposed to go. So it is doable, and I will probably gauge the audience via crowd funding once I get a few other projects out the door.

Remove ads