D&D 5E Savage Tide Adventure Path

Zardnaar

Legend
Ok my players have reached the lotus dragon lair. They are level 2.

I'm using the NPC spy stats as a typical lotus dragon. Rowyn is a swashbuckler from Volos guide with some spells.

Rotgut is going to be a refluffed Crimson Drake from Tone of Beasts.

Once they deal with Rowyn I'll level them up to level 3.

I'll diverge from the AP from there. Focus in pirates, Sasserine and maybe Farshore.

Going to use the old players guide and Sasserine is the base camp.

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
Ok Vanthus successfully managed to offend everyone, looks like I have a new BBEG.

Elements I want to reuse.

Vanthus and his rebirth as deathknight.
Battle of Farshore

Krakens Cove Bullywugs Gambit.

Battle at Vanderboren manor can be postponed.

Divergence after Krakens Cove return to Sasserine. Develop Sasserine more.

Sail to Farshore around level 3-5. Voyage is uneventful except maybe a pirate ship possibly a ghost ship. Mostly just to establish Farshore as a thing. Battle of Farshore level 7 or so.

Scuttlecove be used probably level 9.

Yuant Ti are backing Vanthus, his lemorian form might be more serpentine in appearance.

Lavinia will be a fighter/swashbucklers with no le background. One of the other PCs is a member of House Lidu.

Abyss might be used around level 9-12. The black pearls will probably function as is but they're ancient weapons of mass destruction.

Rough plan so far. Use portions of the Savage Tide, X1 and Ghosts of Saltmarsh to cobble togather something pirate related.

Running it as a sandbox seeing what threads the players pick up on. Vanthus needs to make a cameo but PCs can't touch him, then they'll meet his half fiend form at Farshore.

More Sasserine, Jade Ravens and the Dawn council and a focus on Vanthus.

They're based in not Cuba. Farshore doesn't have to be on the Isle of Dread but am wondering where to place the isle if I use it.

Last edited:

Radionate

First Post
We started Age of Worms in April under the September play test rules and converted to 5e as parts of it have come out. We are currently in chapter 4 and having a blast. Let me know if you ever decide to run Age of Worms or have more general questions about converting 3.5 adventures.
Where can I find the full AP? Can I purchase or download it somewhere?

Tormyr

Adventurer
Where can I find the full AP? Can I purchase or download it somewhere?
This post will point you to everything you need.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases