• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Savage Worlds Rifts [OOC]

CharlotteOz

Explorer
Yes its based on Smarts... so with a Raise you can increase your Skill by one die step. If a Skill is less then your controlling trait (like say you have a Stealth and Shooting of a d6 and a d8 in Agility) you can raise both skills by one step with a Raise.

Gotcha. I'll think about it then! A d6 might do for now, considering mostly what she does with it is buff herself.

GreenKarl

First Post
Kewl... up to you AND I re-posted the IC with what had happened up until this point BUT no dialog as this is all from memory. If I missed something let me know :)

Shayuri

First Post
I will say that for power skill, d8 is a 'sweet' spot, because it's where you have better than even odds on successfully activating a power with a single roll.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Here are my thoughts on what a Dragon Hatchling has in dragon form and in Human (or any other form)...

Arcane Background (Psionics): All forms
Armored Hide*: The Hatchling has +16 M.D.C. Armor and +6 Toughness in dragon form. In other forms he has 1/2 this bonus (+8 MDC armor and +3 toughness)
Claws/Bite*: dragon form only
Fear*: In his natural form only
Fire Breath*: dragon form only
Flight*: dragon form only
Impervious to Fire: all forms
Infravision: all forms
Inherently Magical: all forms Arcane Background (Magic)
Limited Metamorphosis: well obviously all forms :)
Mighty: Strength of d12+4. They are also very resilient, starting with a d8 Vigor. All forms
Nigh-Immortality: all forms
Size +6*: with +6 toughness only in Dragon form
Slow Regeneration: all forms
Tail Lash*: Dragon form only

Reading Flaming Scales it sounds like it is in Dragon Form only... just as an FYI. And a Damage Field means you have to hit someone OR they have to hit you with a melee weapon to cause the damage. You could use a "Touch" attack that is +2 to hit but does not add your Strength die to damage (so it would just do a base 3d6 Mega-Damage)

Okay, sounds good. Updated my sheet to reflect.

CharlotteOz

Explorer
Think what I'll do is bump Smarts to a d8 - it fits the character since she did wind up in a giant pre-Rifts library at some point so she's at the least, above-average - then bump psi later.

Remove ads