Save Torg!

I hope we're lucky and find someone. Unfortunately, I don't have much to offer.

Torg had - in my view - a lot of interesting and noteable mechanics, like
- Drama Deck
- Possibilities
- Logarithmic Scale for measuring effects, wealth, weight, damage, intimidation, tricks and so on...
- Interesting Status Effects (that remind me of the 4E way of doing status effects - less "don't take an action and also get this penalties to your defense" and more "take some penalties, but you can do something about/with it)

In some ways, it is the exact opposite of what one of the notability criteria reads: Instead of being a work that inspired a movie, it was inspired by movies, especially pulp & action movies.
It did also inspire some books - There were, after all, Torg novels!

The setting itself was also very interested, and the fact that some of it apparently was developed in reactions to fan reports on published adventures was also very novel, I think.

Now a good researcher just has to back these statements up, and formulate them in a way to make sense. ;)

Tewligan

First Post
"The Master will be pleased..."
torgo.gif

Shemeska

Adventurer
It's mostly just some middleaged accountant and partime internet toughman named Gavin Collins who gets into a frothing nerd rage over the very idea of having rpg articles present on wikipedia. He's got something against the genre in general, and he's been trying to tag spam and delete tons of D&D articles without apparently having even a basic knowledge of the topic.

At some point I figure he's going to snap, go over the edge on someone in a torrent of strongly worded text sure to really show someone how wikipedia should be gee howdy and get himself banned in the aftermath. He had another editor doing the same, but they've apparently been banned indefinately for wikistalking and sockpuppetry.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Shemeska said:
He had another editor doing the same, but they've apparently been banned indefinately for wikistalking and sockpuppetry.

I've heard rumors that the "other editor" was his own sockpuppet that he used to post from another physcial location (and IP address).

Remove ads