• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sci Fi & Fantasy News

Why is it when I click on the links in the Sci Fi News Archive, I get this?

annoying software said:
Squirrel Nutkin, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

EricNoah

Adventurer
Hmm, the news archive links go to a private forum (the newshounds forum, where they post the news items that are then pulled to the sci fi news page). So probably no one except Admins and Newshounds can follow those links.

Good catch ... Russ will need to take a look at maybe making some kind of a news archive "page" that pulls that data from those threads... or perhaps he could make that forum "open" but not give write-access? Not sure how that all works...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
That's what I thought I'd done; everyone should have read access to it.

Try again, I just changed the permissions again. Hopefully I got it right this time.

Last edited:

Remove ads