D&D 3E/3.5 Scientific names

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Moonflower-think the antagonist plant from invasion of the pod people, it’s from pathfinder monster book 3 podius homocaptious monotionious? The pod people are without emotion so the last word make sense, also the pod people are usually human originally so the second word made sense to me to use.

How similar are they to the pods? Do they make the clones while their victims are comatose, etc?

Bloodstinger-the missing link between the pseudodragon & the Wyvern-pseudodragonmorph slowstingus, it’s got 4 limbs, a pair of wings & a poisonous stinger that first slows then kills its victim!

I think we did pseudodragons as Draco Fictus. The Bloodstinger seems like it’s still part of the greater draconic family... Draco venenum.

Shadow panther-the missing link between the wemic & the displacer beast- wemicmorph bonehookius- it looks superficially like a pantherized wemic but has a pair of tentacles with bone hooks on the end of them.
Both of these come from the article that had the marble pudding in it.
What are their origins? “Natural” or magically created?

Adherer:homo adherus, the species started out as humans.

If they’re actually a subspecies of human, then Homo agglutino. What’s their monster type?

abe ray

Explorer
How similar are they to the pods? Do they make the clones while their victims are comatose, etc?

They make the clones while digesting their victims

I think we did pseudodragons as Draco Fictus. The Bloodstinger seems like it’s still part of the greater draconic family... Draco venenum.

What are their origins? “Natural” or magically created?

Natural

If they’re actually a subspecies of human, then Homo agglutino. What’s their monster type?

Aberration

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Well, like I’ve said before, there’s probably already a Genus type done for aberrations in this thread. Use that with “agglutino”.

Honestly, you REALLY need to go through your thread and take notes- at least make a list of Genus names already done, so those helping you won’t have to reinvent the wheel. That gets tiresome.

abe ray

Explorer
Observer: Polyoculus rex obvervious they look almost like standard beholders, but only have 4 eyestalks in addition to their central eye and they guard objects/rooms for powerful people/wizards.

abe ray

Explorer
Chu’lu( I think that’s how you spell his name) genius nobraineatius wingius
he’s a GIANT illiathid looking creature with wings that drives creatures that see him mad, but doesn’t eat brains!

abe ray

Explorer
Worry wart-asilimatus naggius observius. It’s a symbiotic organism That nags it’s host so that it’s host lives long enough to show this organism lots of interesting sights.

abe ray

Explorer
Storm giant:gigantugus boltus magicus, they can breath both air & water & they had a variety of magical powers, mostly of the stormy sub-verity.

Remove ads