• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scourge of Worlds

Anavel Gato

First Post
Hello,

Yesterday (Tuesday 3rd of June), I picked up some DVD's from Suncoast video and recieved a Demo DVD called Scourge of Worlds. It is a "choose your own adventure" DVD brought out by Wizards of the Coast and Rhino home video. It was CGI w/ iconic characters Lidda, Mialee and Redgar. The label on the disc says it is to be released on June 10th. Has anyone else seen this? And what do you all think?

Anavel Gato

First Post
it was okay. i went on amazon.com and a guy put up a review there from what he saw at a convetion he was psyched. I don't think I could really get into it. the CGI is fair, no where near the quality of Final Fanatsy or Last Flight of the Osiris (Animatrix). The Demo only allowed play for maybe 15 mins. Within that time though there was a cool battle between either a paladin or cleric and a druid. It seems like hours of watching are possible...
I have mixed feelings on it, part of me thinks to get it, but still not sold on it. I'll have to go back and chose other choices and see what happens then.

I got one at Suncoast too ( thanks to you, AG - I had to ask for it )

I think it's a great idea. I bet we will see many more of these "interactive" DVD's in the future.

The fight scenes are a little tame ( an earth elemental and some dire wolves ), and are probably meant for a PG audience. This will definitely be a great tool for introducing D&D to youngsters.

The spell effect were decent. Overall quality looks fine.

I was a bit dissapointed with the navigation - there doesn't appear to be anyway to skip to decision tree menus. I'm not sure if this will be the case with the full version.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads